The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Been here a while, but First Post!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derail20T

Proven Member
Apr 21, 2013
Sarnia, ON_Canada
Hey guys, I've been on this site for almost a year, but am just getting around to my first post! I guess it's because I can usually just find all the answers to my questions by searching the forums. There are so many years and threads of useful information on here!

So the reason I'm posting now is because I just had my first successful night at the track! This was actually my 3rd trip to the track, but the first time I broke a rear axle, and the 2nd time it was rained out. This time though, I managed to run a 13.54 in the 1/4 mile @ 99 mph. I am pretty happy with this time. It was actually my goal this year to run 13.5! For the record, I have a 1991 Talon TSI AWD with the stock 14B.

I've done a few things in the last couple months to really get to know my car. When I broke a rear axle the first time at the track I ended up installing a 4 bolt rear end and axles. Hopefully I won't break any more axles in the near future.
I also just put in a '90 Transmission because my old one got stuck in 2nd gear. I'm actually pretty impressed with myself, because I did the swap over a period of 3 days and I didn't have any help. It truly was a pita, but I certainly understand the mechanics of my car better!

So, because I already reached my goal for the season, I am going to set a new goal. I now want to run 12's. My plan to reach this is to get an Eprom ecu and DSM Link so that I can effectively log and tune. I am also planning to upgrade the turbo... I'm leaning towards the evo3 16g... And get bigger injectors!

On another note, I just wanted to say that this forum is awesome! I bought both my 4 bolt rear setup and transmission from people using the classifieds! I actually probably wouldn't even have bought my car if it wasn't for this forum. I started researching about DSM's and planning what I would do to a Talon even before I owned one! So, I just wanted to say thanks!

Welcome!

That 16g will get u out of the hole pretty well! Iam sure you'll be pretty happy with that turbo!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back