The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Been Gone for 2 years, but Im finally back..just bought a DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I also demand pics. No "welcome back" until this is done.

It looks very nice. From the mod list it looks like the guy before you had some knowledge about Dsm's at least it isn't all eBay crap. All in all i think it was a very nice purchase.

Best of luck on an easy fix.

FWD does not suck! Just do it right. LSD, dual-stage MBC, suspension, tires and learn how to drive her! Congrats on the car, though! Glad you're back.

LandoAWD,

It is indeed an Easy fix. It was the fuel line (hose) that was messed up. I have no idea how it happened but the previous owner claims it could have been because the car sat for 2 years while he drove his evo. I call BS

Laserspeeddemon,

We have met before at the GMU DSM Meet about 2 years ago. I had the 98GSX at the time. I had a nice evoIII16G setup with FMIC, bolt ons, fuel mods, and SAFC II. Unfortunately, I sold that car in December of 2007 and I thought it would be my last DSM since I was shifting my focus more on finishing getting my Degree.

Everyone else,

Thanks for the compliments on the car. I will have Engine shots of the car soon. I personally hoped to have found a GSX with these mods and low miles, but I looked everywhere and not many were for sale, and the ones that were did not interest me.

Ive always wanted to build a 1G AWD race car. Im considering just daily driving the GST and some highway fun, and have the 1G be my track beauty. Those who say FWD doesnt suck probably havnt driven an AWD DSM before. Im not dogging on FWD but i just got to get used to from going AWD back to FWD.

At this point, the car seems to be a cop magnet. The car has 20% window tint which is illegal here in VA. Im considering removing it. Also, the Tanabe exhaust is too damn loud. Im scared of driving my car around the fairfax/manassas area because I know for sure I will get tickets.

Ill keep everyone updated on the car.

are your door handles 2 different colors? i see one red and one black?

Yeah that is correct. The previous owner accidentally broke the door handle and got a replacement from mitsu. He said they only come in black and didnt paint it. So yeah thats something I have to fix in the future.

As far as performance goes, Im thinking about taking it to a dyno to see first hand what it puts out.

FWD is sooooo much more fun on the highway, don't diss it. Besides, GSX has been done, and done again. I want a new challenge, rock on to my fellow GSTers.

Ive had 3 GST's so Im not being biased against FWD but spinning tires on the highway even in 3rd gear is not fun. Perhaps I should blame it on my suspension. GSX's can also be fun on the highway. I know I had fun with mine. I think with my setup, suspension is a key area I need improvement.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back