The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Bearing Part Number Cross-references

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

architechnik

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 21, 2007
Glad, Oregon
I'm doing a number of rebuild items and realized that Mitsu part numbers show up with other part numbers stamped right on them.

For example, the rear differential side bearings ordered from Mitsubishi as MN168441 currently at ~$40 comes in a box with the Mitsu part number, but stamped NSK 30207J, which is at ~$25.

Definitely makes it easy to find multiple sources if it's documented, so I've started a GSheet for what those part numbers are.

If anyone wants to take the time, I'm sure other builders would appreciate the updates.
Google File
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Also, if you have any suggestions for adjusting the layout or setup, I appreciate it. I'll post more info as I go through all the drivetrain items.

Last edited:
@architechnik , Your Google page isn't displaying. Just FYI and it will be a nice cross reference for sure, thanks!

As a heads up, with the rear diff pinion bearings be sure they are specifically the "c" versions, as the contact angle is different from the generic number 32207 and 30305 bearings. The standard 30207 bearings for the rear diff carrier though are a standard item and work fine.

For the front diff I typically run either a 6207-2RS C3 or standard 6207 C3 or C4 higher quality bearing. I prefer to run a sealed bearing for the front diff so that it doesn't get all screwed up from debris in the transmission, which is the normal reason they have excessive wear or fail.

@architechnik , Your Google page isn't displaying. Just FYI and it will be a nice cross reference for sure, thanks!
I wasn't aware that it was actually going to display inside the window when I posted it, I was just dropping the link. Let's see if this works to redirect instead of posting over.
Google File

For the front diff I typically run either a 6207-2RS C3 or standard 6207 C3 or C4 higher quality bearing.
Okay, then please do that on my Quaife I ordered! :D I completely agree on the sealed bearing versions; it's a dirty part of the transmission that doesn't get as much fluid passage.
I notice the KOYO that was in there was listed as C4; is KOYO a decent brand or are there better? What are the differences for C3 VS C4 or others?
What does the "-2RS" represent?

Yes, I can put sealed ones on if you want. I have them in stock.

The -2RS means both sides have plastic seals protecting the bearing.

The C3 is a normal tolerance bearing, C4 is a higher clearance tolerance. Both will work fine in this application.

Koyo is an excellent brand, but all in all, most aftermarket brands will work fine in this circumstance as long as they are spec'ed as a C3. I have used VXB, Nachi, RDV, PGN, and other suppliers with zero issues.

Yes, I can put sealed ones on if you want. I have them in stock.
Yeah, definitely use the sealed ones, Tim. I'm hoping the message about speedo gears, etc., isn't delaying it too much more.

I've added some additional details to the spreadsheet and multiple sources to confirm part numbers. I found some references that included more details about the bearing/race combo, as it was noted that one is distinctly unpaired. If anyone is ordering the center diff bearings, you have to get separate bearing and race or a specific combo for KOYO LM300849 (Bearing cage w/ rollers and inner race) & KOYO LM300811 (Outer race). I had one supplier try to send me a KOYO outer with a "China" inner, so be sure to validate your purchases before installing.

The References tab has more details about where the information was collected.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back