The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Be on the lookout at all times DSMERS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had some luxury car, I think a M3 BMW or something fallowing me once, we were in fairly heavy traffic but there was a gap from car to car all the way though it, I knew he was fallowing me when I was doing 100mph weaving around ppl and he was right on my ass.

I didn't want to go above 110 I ran up to 115 a few times and they staid right on my tail, the slightly scray part being it's dusk everyone has there lights on but them, and they started flashing them at me continusly on and off. I tuck an off ramp to a friends house and doing 70mph (like i was going to keep going stright) all the sudden hit the breaks crossing under a redlight and tuck a sharp right with the car slideing sideways. They tried to stop but realised they couldn't make it in time and went on...

Never saw them again, but I was asking myself WTF!! I mean this went on for like 10miles

Don’t flame me for having a aluminum wing. I took it off long ago. I put that on during my ricer stage before I had my GSX, which is stock appearance wise

It WAS a joke, you know...;)

But for the most part, all things being equal (and I honestly don't know the drag coefficient or specific aerodynamics of a DSM), when you generate downforce on the rear of a car that uses it's fron t wheels for traction, it won't do anything for you, and in fact, may hinder you if the DF is enough to cause lift in the front (driving) tires.

Just an observation after watching many a winged car go down the track, then removing their park benches. With no other changes, 60's ALMOST always (there are exceptions to every rule) improved noticeably, as well as their ET's and MPH.

Just my 2 cents, and again, the comment before was a joke ;) :thumb:

Nautica985 said:
"Who the hell wants downforce on the REAR of a FWD car?"

Spoilers are not just only for traction if that’s what you’re trying to say. They make the car ALOT more stable at higher speeds and helps keep the car on the ground and the rear from sliding out(im talking about functional ones, not the ones that sit as high as your roof). I know this from personal experience. I noticed a huge difference in handling when I put a aluminum wing on my NT :rolleyes:. People always say things like wings don’t make a difference unless you are going 120+mph, spoilers are pointless on a fwd car, spoilers are just for appearance ect. when they don’t even have any first hand experience. Well I do have first hand experience and im telling you they do make a big difference. I start to feel a noticeable difference at 50mph and the faster I go the more of a difference it makes.

P.S
Don’t flame me for having a aluminum wing. I took it off long ago. I put that on during my ricer stage before I had my GSX, which is stock appearance wise :thumb:
dont try to justify your ricerness you hippie!

:D just messin' with ya

cuttheduck said:
Not trying to flame but were they really trying to steal a non-turbo 1g. Sounds a lil paranoid??

not to flame back but that was a pretty stupid comment, it dont matter what the car is as long as it has value, they would steal my car because i have $1,300 wheels, and other parts that they could sell for money.....pretty much common sense :thumbdown

Ghost1984 said:
not to flame back but that was a pretty stupid comment, it dont matter what the car is as long as it has value, they would steal my car because i have $1,300 wheels, and other parts that they could sell for money.....pretty much common sense :thumbdown

Yah ic. Wheels are defintly a thing that will get you noticed both good and bad. I hear alot of times of really riced up hondas w/ some engine work getting totally stripped and found in Detroit. I don't wrry bout my 95 cause unless people hear you have a big turbo, frountmount and other goodies or chrome wheels and access, u dont gotta wrry.. The honda crowd being so big that they really have to watch out for cause there market is alot bigger aftermarket wise, so they will get striped down.

I'm still standing my comment cause I still believe that there just isnt a big market for any nonturbo 1g parts. They may of been after your nice wheels (end up on cinder blocks prob.) but I bet there more likely to steal a clean BMW or civic w/ TONS of fast cash accersories. I'm not trying to say im all sweet cause they aint after my 95 i got for 4600 bux. If I put good engine mods and go to car shows where i pop my hood or have lots of accersories like tvs and chrome rims maybe. But i owned a nt 1g and now have a turbo 95. BOTH are equally undesireable to many UNLESS really done up or big turbo, etc. UNLESS a former DSM'er is now boostin cars :thumbdown

cuttheduck said:
Yah ic. Wheels are defintly a thing that will get you noticed both good and bad. I hear alot of times of really riced up hondas w/ some engine work getting totally stripped and found in Detroit. I don't wrry bout my 95 cause unless people hear you have a big turbo, frountmount and other goodies or chrome wheels and access, u dont gotta wrry.. The honda crowd being so big that they really have to watch out for cause there market is alot bigger aftermarket wise, so they will get striped down.

I'm still standing my comment cause I still believe that there just isnt a big market for any nonturbo 1g parts. They may of been after your nice wheels (end up on cinder blocks prob.) but I bet there more likely to steal a clean BMW or civic w/ TONS of fast cash accersories. I'm not trying to say im all sweet cause they aint after my 95 i got for 4600 bux. If I put good engine mods and go to car shows where i pop my hood or have lots of accersories like tvs and chrome rims maybe. But i owned a nt 1g and now have a turbo 95. BOTH are equally undesireable to many UNLESS really done up or big turbo, etc. UNLESS a former DSM'er is now boostin cars :thumbdown

i can understand what you say about the non turbos, its true they would steal a turbo eclipse or supra before a non turbo 1g, in wichita they stole anything, especially honda si civics, they liked the stock wheels and they would steal them and sell them for about 700-800 for all four and people would pay, its strange......

yea last year i had some ugly chic in an suv staring at me so i was like " what the #### are you looking at" she turned away and flipped me off when i drove past, so my friend leans out my window of my talon and flips her off, her bf gets all pissed off and starts chasing me...in true little john fashion im like WHAT?....OK! what a tool trying to catch a turbo talon in a flipsy ass v6 explorer :rolleyes: , so i just jumped on the highway and buried it over 100 and lost his ass. Moral of the story people are dumb and if they drive an suv most likely you can piss them off all you want cuz they cant catch your ass and if they want to steal your car or just beat your ass cuz there gfs a hoe then you can waste them :thumb: :p :laugh:

I would have set my 9mm up on the dash and pulled over to see if they wanted to talk. I had a car load of dudes try that on me before when I was with my girl. It's not a threat to set your gun up on the dash. I was just foreshadowing.

Haha

Talon2z said:
I would have set my 9mm up on the dash and pulled over to see if they wanted to talk. I had a car load of dudes try that on me before when I was with my girl. It's not a threat to set your gun up on the dash. I was just foreshadowing.

Haha

Yah, except in many places you wont be the only one w/ a gun, so that might
not be the best idea. They see what u got and that its not in your hand, no
element of suprise there.

cuttheduck said:
Yah, except in many places you wont be the only one w/ a gun, so that might
not be the best idea. They see what u got and that its not in your hand, no
element of suprise there.

I know what you mean. Just didn't want to make it sound like I was a thug that carried a gun in my pants.

I know for a fact that the Mitsubishi Mirage used to be the most stolen car in the U.S. I don't know about now, but it held that prestigious position for quite a few years--probably for no other reason than the fact that it was/is very easy to steal. So, it really doesn't matter what kind of car you drive--unless you are really that pretentious :rolleyes:

I know for a fact that the Mitsubishi Mirage used to be the most stolen car in the U.S. I don't know about now, but it held that prestigious position for quite a few years--probably for no other reason than the fact that it was/is very easy to steal. So, it really doesn't matter what kind of car you drive--unless you are really that pretentious :rolleyes:

...Here's a list of the recent Top Ten list...http://www.intellichoice.com/top10/Theft.cfm

No one follows me either :(

LOL - but yeah, showing someone a gun , especially around Detriot where theres so many "gangbanger" wanna-be thugs who would do something stupid just because they think its hard, would not be smart.

If i had a concealed weapon it would stay that way unless i needed it, showing someone a gun around here just gets you arrested or shot.

And comment on the 1g thing...

THieves dont care if your car is turbo or not, right now there is a very large market for Import cars, and if a thief is willing to jack a 1.2L Civic , they would be more than willing to jack your pretty ECLIPSE.

And im not sure but i belive as of late the most popular stolen vehicles were SUVs like the Excursion/Explorer/Denali/Escalade/Navigator/ect.

That may have changed alot since FnF, but im pretty sure the higher end SUVs are still the primo pick of the litter for most car thieves...

I was followed by a couple of guys once they were in a 93 civic hatch and I was in my fc. I didn't notice they were following me until I saw them in my mirror following me into a dead end street. So, I quickly pulled a u turn and then looked at them as they passes me. I knew they didnt live there b/c I heard them suddenly break not knowing it was a dead end. I waited for them at the gas station, but they just passed by. :cool: :mad:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back