The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Be on the lookout at all times DSMERS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdiddy2k4

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 19, 2004
San Antonio, Texas
Hey dsm'ers always be on the lookout for people following you and trying to see where you keep your car. Tonight I was getting off on N-I35 in austin and next thing I know a old bronco suv quickly pulls off at the same exit that I just got off on. I look in my rearview mirror and see them so I just step on the gas and I am gone. Now you know they are following you when they try to stay on your tail and make every turn you make even though you have them going in a circle. Well I passed a few neighborhoods and turned back onto the straight road and floored it once again and since I knew they were in a bronco that they wouldn't be able to take turns as fast, so I was doing 100mph to get away (not safe, but had to lose them and nobody else was on the road.) I made a quick right and then I had lost them, but to make sure I made a left into a neighborhood that was being built and drove around for a few minutes to make sure nobody else was following me. We all know they must've wanted the car or something because nobody is going to go all out their way to keep up with one person for no reason. Just be careful and always make sure that nobody is following you or anything and if you feel that someone is just dont go to your home, but instead take them on a wild goose chase. Sorry for the long story.

thats why i never take the same way home every night, always double track, i had to do that a lot in wichita kansas because they would steal your car very easily.

I've had this problem before, but I kind of like it when people chase me, I have great fun losing them, and then hiding somewhere until they pass me so I can come up behind them and then pass them.

maybe they were trying to tell you there was a dark person in your backseat with a knife? LOL

LOL well nice way of going about it. :) too bad you in illinois maybe my mind would calm down I am worrying about my car more than ever now

TalonRacer18 said:
maybe they were trying to tell you there was a dark person in your backseat with a knife? LOL
Why does he have to be dark you racist fu(ker

J/K :thumb:

It was that girl from your past who always gave your heart a raging stiffie, trying to tell you how stupid she'd felt about never noticing you, and to beg you for a date.

I'd have stopped and chatted, but I don't much get scared by people. Strangest thing.

Ghost1984 said:
thats why i never take the same way home every night, always double track, i had to do that a lot in wichita kansas because they would steal your car very easily.

Not trying to flame but were they really trying to steal a non-turbo 1g. Sounds a lil paranoid??

not every one steals cars for there performance, some just steal to joy ride. to Crash into Trees and stuff. rims/Anything from the car is worth some cheese down here.

I thought I was being followed once so I pulled into a pretty empty parking lot, grabbed my tire iron and leaned back against the door of my car. The car followed me into the lot, drove up slow, then sped off when they saw the tire iron. Makes me wish I could keep my rifle in my car.

They own an SUV... just go off a ramp with a turn at pretty fast speeds so u ditch them a little and just go into a parking lot and turn off your lights till they pass...

Well stay safe.

yea that happened to me i want it to happen again those fools didnt know what happened one minute i took a turn the next alls the see is my car flying down the street at 100 then another turn and go into a parking lot i seen them drive by and went the opposite way and drove away from my house for like 15 minutes then finally went back. stupid guys in intrepid.

but now i park in the garage so ill just floorit down my side streets fly into the garage and close it real quick then watch the pawns drive by :laugh:

Do you have anything ricey on your car? I followed a 2g n/t Eclipse this weekend with a 2 and a half foot tall park bench wing to take a picture of it. I'll get him one day.... Damn red lights :(

Dark Phoenix said:
Do you have anything ricey on your car? I followed a 2g n/t Eclipse this weekend with a 2 and a half foot tall park bench wing to take a picture of it. I'll get him one day.... Damn red lights :(

Lmfao nuthing wrong with park benches ~!!!!

and yeah cars get alot of attention I got a couple of jealouse ass hole friends ( not like hang out everynight friends just like we talk at partys and whatnot) anyways anything having to do wit my car and the car its self is slow. ### and ugly to them. im not one of those people who flaunts either im kinda quiet and mind my own buisness. Im just sick of thier shit its gets on my nerves sometimes...........also never take your car to a party. I took mine and i had to leave after about 10 minutes of people comming up to me saying " Matt there messing with your car again " The point is it sux when you have to contemplate if you should drive your car or not becasue you wont know what will happen to it. :| or who will follow.......

LOL, it was 2 and a half feet high. It was higher than the roof of the car. That restricts downforce. :laugh:

First of all, stay safe - never take the same way home all the time.

Second - just because it's a 1g nt doesn't mean it's not popular. you turbo guys have to stop your insults. 1g nt is still a nice car so people will try to steal it simply for looks. They don't give a sh*t what's under the engine. (probably have no clue anyway if it is a turbo or not) yes you have people who know cars, but I don't think many thieves are on dsmtuners finding out the differences (rs, gs, gst, gsx, tsi etc.)

LOL, it was 2 and a half feet high. It was higher than the roof of the car. That restricts downforce.
Lmfao nuthing wrong with park benches ~!!!!

Who the hell wants downforce on the REAR of a FWD car?

Oh yeah, a ricer would... :p :D Just my opinion. j/k :thumb:

Eliminat0r said:
yea that happened to me i want it to happen again those fools didnt know what happened one minute i took a turn the next alls the see is my car flying down the street at 100 then another turn and go into a parking lot i seen them drive by and went the opposite way and drove away from my house for like 15 minutes then finally went back. stupid guys in intrepid.

ever heard of periods? Or just making sense?

Nobody follows me nor do they try to steal my car cuz i look to damn mean , even when im nice :cool:

"Who the hell wants downforce on the REAR of a FWD car?"

Spoilers are not just only for traction if that’s what you’re trying to say. They make the car ALOT more stable at higher speeds and helps keep the car on the ground and the rear from sliding out(im talking about functional ones, not the ones that sit as high as your roof). I know this from personal experience. I noticed a huge difference in handling when I put a aluminum wing on my NT :rolleyes:. People always say things like wings don’t make a difference unless you are going 120+mph, spoilers are pointless on a fwd car, spoilers are just for appearance ect. when they don’t even have any first hand experience. Well I do have first hand experience and im telling you they do make a big difference. I start to feel a noticeable difference at 50mph and the faster I go the more of a difference it makes.

P.S
Don’t flame me for having a aluminum wing. I took it off long ago. I put that on during my ricer stage before I had my GSX, which is stock appearance wise :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back