The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

bcs unplugged

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leave the harness plugged into it. If you remove the vacuum fittings from the BCS, and just connect the turbo reference line to the wastegate actuator, boost'll be determined by the wastegate spring. Unless you have a MBC inline.

I have an mbc, but have the bcs out of the car. Maybe that is why I wasnt getting much boost...

From the wastegate sol.nipple t ed to the mbc. I had the vacuum line from the BOV to tha manifold t'ed as well, and that goes to the mbc. Its hooked up right, I was just wondering what it would do if the bcs was out of the car and I had a mbc??

um, i'm not sure why your mbc is hooked up to your bov, but if u say it's working right, i'll take your word for it. If the wgs isn't hoooked up to vacuum lines, nothing bad happens...I'd leave the wiring plug hooked to the solenoid though...Not sure if it'll throw a code for it not being there, but there's really no reason to remove it.

HTH

You really do reply fast...Its not hooked up to the bov. The instructions on vfaq or somewhere said take the line from the bov to the manifol(pressure source) and t into it, which is what I did. I havent had a code...you still think I should plug it in?

As far as I'd believe, if there's no code...I don't see what harm it can do. If you have problems, or throw a code...hook it back up to the wiring harness. I don't see a reason to unplug the wiring to the solenoid tho....might as well plug it in, i say.

About T-ing into the bov->manifold vacuum line. Are you sure they were referring to the MBC's reference? and not a boost gauge install or something? That'd mean u'd get a spike till the manifold pressurized, before the wastegate would see the boost pressure. And did you plug the turbo's boost reference nipple?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back