The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

BCS causing boost creep?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlaskanDsm

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
Hey guys, I just replaced my BCS because the old one had a broken nipple on it. This caused me to run the hose from the j-pipe to the wastegate at 9PSI under boost. Now that I have the new BCS hooked up, I am getting a boost creep from 9 up to like 13-14psi? Not hitting fuel cut or noticing any other issues but does anyone have any idea why it would be doing such a thing? That is the only thing that changed.

Bolt-on Modifications:
PR mild steel tubular O2 housing, PR 3" downpipe, Megan Racing 3" test pipe, 3" Tsudo Cat-back exhaust.​
This is why your creeping to 14-16psi, I pulled it straight from your mods list. Your 34mm flapper is whats keeping it from going up into the 20+ psi. A DSM friend says that boost creep is your turbo's way of calling you a little bi*** for not running enough boost. Be happy your not creeping higher and just upgrade the fuel pump to a 190 or OE Evo and rewire it, the stock 450s will support it just make sure the pump can too.

:dsm:

Haha, well but that is what is confusing. I know I have all those parts but never had any issues with boost creep nor do I have any when the BCS is not hooked into the pressure source to control the wastegate. If I run a hose from the j-pipe directly to the wastegate with nothing inbetween I have no problems with creep at all. When the BCS is placed inbetween the j-pipe and wastegate, I get creep (to about 13PSI). Its just confusing as I don't understand how the BCS would cause that issue.

The BCS is probably opening the wg at 13psi similar to what a boost controller would do, its a boost control solenoid.

:dsm:

Ok, I just thought it odd becasue it would boost to just below 10 PSI and slowly build up to 13PSI like it was creeping. I'm not concerned as its not going out of control just wanted an opinion as to what would be the difference to BCS as opposed to direct to wastegate. Thanks tho.

A DSM friend says that boost creep is your turbo's way of calling you a little bi*** for not running enough boost.

This was the funniest description of boost creep I've ever heard. ROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back