The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

bc1100 springs , Couple Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

636chris

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2009
philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I'm trying to figure out what are the biggest cams i can run with my bc1100 springs on stock retainers , i ran out of funding for the most part on my build for this season. My plans were between fp2's and bc280/280's ( bc states these work with bc1100s). Now what other cam options do i have with these springs and stock retainers? I don't mind upgrading the retainers if there's a safety issue using the stockers . The machinist that is currently finishing my head asked what cam's i am using so he can finish it up.

ive looked into fp2's , dk hks 272's , bc 280's , bc 288's , and so far im stumped. please no 264/272's or equivalents. This is more of a strip car than anything so drivablitly isn't an issue . This is a stock 6 bolt, 2g head combo with an hx35 (8 blade) ,open scroll t3 manifold , all supporting mods w/ the exception of my software choice which will be sd on link or warewolf and e85 or pump gas meth .

Thanks for the help guys.

As far as I can see you have checked the options you have for cams on the BC1100 springs.

kelfords need a good beehive, FP3 &FP3x should run a decent dual spring.

As far as I can see you have checked the options you have for cams on the BC1100 springs.

kelfords need a good beehive, FP3 &FP3x should run a decent dual spring.

What about the retainers? im considering bc 280's or even 288's as everyone around here thats made good numbers on the fp2's has went to a bigger cam, according to bc they both require kit number BC-BC0100 which is the bc 1100 springs and ti retainers , but im confused as to whether or not i "need" to upgrade the retainers in order to run either of those two cams.

If you stay under 8k RPM you should be fine with the stock retainers, I have had heads with stock retainers go higher tho.

Yes the Ti retainers are lighter and stronger than the stock steel.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back