The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

BBK throttle body for 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2003
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Does anyone have experience with the BBK 62mm throttle body for a 2g? I've searched and found plenty of stories about the shafts breaking on the BBK 70mm throttle bodies, but sub-par information regarding the BBK 62mm direct bolt on tb. Plus the threads are years old.

Does anyone have experience with the BBK 62mm tb? I don't need to hear about the BBK 70mm tb.

BBK: 1994-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Talon 62mm Throttle Body

I had one on the car for about 2 years. It's not worth the money in my opinion. It leaks out the shaft, now so I took it off and it has become a paper weight. Take your money and buy a rebuilt and bored 1G one instead. You'll be further ahead later down the road.

BBKrap huh?
Honestly, avoid that TB if you can. I had that TB, and it was by far the worst purchase ever made for my car.
The thing would just sporadically "hang" (i.e revs shoot up to like 2k and just sit there). I'd have to blip the throttle for the idle to come back down to normal (and thats if I was lucky, sometimes it wouldnt come back down)
This TB used to hang sooo bad, ppl next to me gave me dirty looks, like as if i was revving my car ### i wanted to race their pos nissan sentra or something! :mad:

And I have tried to remedy the possible causes (chked tension on the cable; took off TB and cleaned it; chked for shaft play; I even put a tensioner spring on it to make sure the plate stays closed)

All of this on a BRAND NEW TB, and nothing helped!

I urge anyone who reads this, pls pass this on: DO NOT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, BUY OR INSTALL THAT TB! TRUST ME!
And not just me, but there has been plenty of chatter all over the net about that piece of krap.
Not just from the DSM community, but even the V8 guys will vouch its a POS!!

...And to those who have this TB with NO ISSUES, consider yourselves blessed...and go play the lottery, ### your LUCKY!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back