The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Battery relocation question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YungTlon

5+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2018
Pueblo, Colorado
Hello my Gurus and Gurets

This is probably going to be the dumbest question I have ever asked. So I’ve been doing a lot of reading on the endless write ups there is on this topic . I am not worried about being “NHRA” legal , this is because it’s a full time street car and the tech people at my local track are really chill and don’t care much. I am still debating running the switch though for safety. I was looking at following either of these post .
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2g-battery-relocation.350806/

https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/battery-relocation-simplified.505177/

I was looking into the second link, my only problem with this is And the other link is I have no clue what to do with these wired I am going to picture below. Every diagram I look at does not mention these wires , just the “white ones” from fuse box / alt. I apologize how stupid this question is once again. I wanted to get the battery relocation done while the motor is out of the car and at the machine shop.
The wires have fusable links and I do not want to wire these back straight even if I use a normal fuse. Because I assume there are fusable links there and not normal fuses for a reason.
My main question is, what do I do with these?? I mean I know they’re there for a reason and they probably need to be ran the same way they were ran from the factory, I just need Input on what to do with these, and how to get the power to them they deserve with the battery being located in the trunk
thesr wires read
Ignition , rad fan, and MPI.
I will probably disregard the rad fan if I can since my radiator fans are ran off of a switch .. any help I appreciate . Thank you all

Attachments

• A88C0EBC-74AB-4A5E-9619-2D78A124DF96.png
    A88C0EBC-74AB-4A5E-9619-2D78A124DF96.png
    236.9 KB · Views: 913
  • 0F6BE237-480A-4B1C-A25B-1FD1E89D217F.jpeg
    0F6BE237-480A-4B1C-A25B-1FD1E89D217F.jpeg
    1,013.2 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Those are just fuses so you could scrap those and just create your own fuses to hide away etc.

so if I follow the second link, do you think I could chop those wires and wire in the in line fuses and then apply them to the busbar? That was my plan it would basically be just like the factory setup I believe .

If I were to wire a power cut in my car, one side would have the alternator and battery and the rest of the car would be on the other. Most of the wiring including the one posted would cause the voltage regulator to go crazy if you switched it while the engine was running.

I planed on doing a trunk mount battery with kill switch and after a lot of research figuring out how i want to do it i ended up just buying the JM Fab large low mount battery kit. Looks and fit great and you dont need to worry about any of that stuff. If you dont need it in the trunk i would look at it as an option. It gets it out of the way and you avoid a lot of headache.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back