The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Battery relocation question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onefast2gdsm

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2010
millersburg, Pennsylvania
Yes I know there's a bunch of threads on this but I haven't seen one with the setup I want to run.

Is it possible to have the power wire going from the battery, with a circuit breaker, to the kill switch, then from the kill switch to a distribution block under the hood, that has the starter, alternator, and fuse block wires connected to it. Will this work or be too much current? And also, it will be a 4gauge power wire. Alternator and starter will be grounded under the hood and the battery will be grounded to the frame.

What my brother did is pretty darn close to what you're looking for. Only difference is his distribution block is inside the cabin on the firewall instead of being in the engine bay.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/han...-relocation-project-log-12.html#post152022910

So its perfectly OK to have the starter and alternator on the same distribution block? Also, being a 4 gauge power wire what do you recommend for a circuit breaker and distribution block? Any inline fuses or extra circuit breakers I should put in?

Missed that point - my bad.

If you can run a separate wire for the alternator, that would be highly recommended. I don't know if it's required though. I would not feel great about running one 4 gauge wire to the distribution block and then another to the alternator though. I would go bigger on the wire to the distribution block if possible, especially if you want to run all of that off of that block.

Missed that point - my bad.

If you can run a separate wire for the alternator, that would be highly recommended. I don't know if it's required though. I would not feel great about running one 4 gauge wire to the distribution block and then another to the alternator though. I would go bigger on the wire to the distribution block if possible, especially if you want to run all of that off of that block.

Ok that's what I figured. Ill do 0 gauge to the block and 4 to the alt/starter. Hopefully that will be good enough.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back