The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Battery Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinned4g63

Proven Member
May 1, 2017
Pasadena, Maryland
Looking for battery recommendations for my GSX in anticipation of getting tuned in June. Has a 2.3 stroker with 9.0:1 compression ratio on E85 and 2200cc injectors, battery is relocated to the trunk with a shutoff switch due to an unknown draw. Not much for electronics as it's more of a track car but the fans are always on as long as the key is on so worth noting.. I have no idea what battery is in there now but it always seemed to crank slow since I bought it. Alternator is stock as far as I know.

Being it's a dry weather summer weekend car I don't mind throwing the Walmart special in for less then $100 but I would like something that "cranks confidently" for when I do decide to take it out. I'll also be investing in a battery tender for when I'm not running it. The Optimate Red Top sounds appealing due to having +700 CCA, most of what I can find relates to V8s running like a 13.0:1 compression and guys are recommending higher amps upwards of 900-1000. So what recommendations do you all have and is an "upgraded" battery really even worth it for this? Thanks in advance!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back