The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Banjo bolt bandaid - is this safe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jared_gibbs

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 16, 2010
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I stripped the banjo bolt for the oil feed line on the head. Can I throw a bolt in there temporarily to get me to work? So long as I don't boost and make short trips it should be fine, right?

It's been ridiculously difficult to find a banjo in town. I've got one coming in the mail from Jack's hopefully here soon.

jared_gibbs, please fill out your vehicle profile so we can better assist you.

By the sounds of it, you would be 100% cutting off oil supply to your turbo. Strongly not recommended. Justin is the expert, but I imagine you will seize your turbo before you made it to work.
The turbo still spins thousands and thousands of RPM when not in boost.

JFYI, when your part arrives and goes back in, tighten 10-14 ft.lbs Not more.

Last edited:
Ooh, I didn't know it still spun. That coulda sucked.
Thanks!
Forgot about the profile thing after the new forum.

Just for further reference years ago I gave a deposition to a lawyer concerning a shop that had done exactly this. Not only did it starve the turbo of oil ruining the turbo but the bolt used blocked off the intake cam galley and seized the intake cam, throwing the timing belt, breaking a valve and putting holes in a piston and bending rods, Entire motor, block, crank, head and turbo were trash to the tune of 5000$.

So no, you cannot do this.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back