The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

balance shaft???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmtunner123

Probationary Member
Jul 24, 2004
San Calos, California
OK since i am installing my polyurethane motor mount bushings should i also do the balance shaft eliminator kit because i have heard that the extra vibrations mess with the belt and break it...not too sure because i am puttin some other mods on my car and i need a new motor n e ways so i was just going to install it. Also does n e one know a good place to buy a 4G63 motor that is rebuilt in California more to-wards nor cal? well thanks for your time...
:talon: Kenny :talon:

PS: i need a 7 bolt short block if n e one is selling one...

dsmtunner123 said:
i have heard that the extra vibrations mess with the belt and break it...
Dont believe everything you hear. It's not vibration that causes belts to fail; it's age. The reason for the b-shaft elinimator kit is to rid of the b-shaft belt. Many times, if that belt breaks, it also takes out the timing belt. If the timing belt goes, your pistons will bi***-slap your valves and you will need a rebuild.

Cliff notes version: b-shaft elim. kit can possibly save your timing belt, which will save the engine.

I find that the balance shaft belt just loves to break just to piss you off. Last Nov my b.s. belt went on my 93 awd and ending up eating all the teeth of the timing belt. And the belts only had about 5k miles on them. To make a long story short balence shaft belt=bad, bs elim kit=good :thumb:

right on thanks for the help and i think i am goin to install it. i will probably end up buying a rebuilt motor due to a bad wrist pin in my motor. pretty much the piston was bi*** slaping the head not the valves i have no freaken idea how it happens but it did probably to piss me off which my dsm loves to do. well anyways thanx for the help :thumb:
:talon: Kenny :talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back