The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

balance shaft tensioner suppose to be touching block?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkinnyBAM

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 22, 2005
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Im in the middle of doing a timing belt swap along with the recommended other things and after swapping out the balance shaft tensioner I noticed that the new one I put on isn't fully up against the block, is this how it's supposed to be? I have the new belt on it and im worried that the lip on the tensioner may cause wear into the belt if it rubs against it. Thanks for the help

Nevermind, I figured it out...but yea, since I have a 95 and the lip goes on the inside it looked like the belt was actually on the lip, which I figured could kind of cut it up and cause more wear on it but after feeling around and stretching my head where it shouldn't go it looks ok.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back