The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

balance shaft elimination question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakk220

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2010
Akron, Ohio
Just got my engine rebuilt by a local mechanic and I wanted to make sure he actually did the BEE right or if he did it at all. Im worried because I can see inside my timing cover that my front balance shaft is still in and run by the belt. He said he left it in because if he took it out I would have too low oil pressure. Just want to make sure its okay like this and that he still took out the rear one. Balance shaft kit was oem from RRE.

Your mechanic is a dumb ass or he was too lazy to just turn the bearings in the front. I would verify what balance shaft stub he used, hell i would verify everything in the engine before even starting it.

It starts and runs, but it does have an oil leak somewhere behind the timing belt cover and I can't tell where. So what your saying is that this is a disaster waiting to happen or just a bad idea? Because like I said I can't even verify if he took the rear one out. Vibrations aren't bad but it does have higher oil pressure...like 110psi at 3k but I just ported the relief valve. How could I check without removing the timing belt cover?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back