The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Bad rotors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starfish

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 20, 2010
Hamilton, New_Jersey
What is the problem with stock rotors?has any body else had the same problems?I'm pretty easy on the brakes but this is the second set of rotors I put on.with only one set of pads that are still good.When ever I hit the brakes the pedal goes up and down.how are the brembo crossdrilled better then the slotted?

If the pedal goes up and down, your rotors are warped. Either your "stock" rotors are uber-cheap replacements, your not as easy on them as you think you are, or you have a stuck caliper.

Cross-drilled aren't really better than slotted. They both perform the same function; providing a path for gas escape. Brembo is a good brand, but for lesser-known brands, I would avoid cross drilled. Improperly drilled rotors can weaken the rotor, which could potentially lead to the rotor breaking - this would be catastrophic.

Well here try this, there is a store on ebay with a user by the name "drt-sport" and i got front and rear drilled and slotted combo, for about $150 shipped to my house. And ill be the first to say that ive beaten the hell out of them and they seem to hold up pretty well.

try bleeding your brakes itll release the air between the lines and stop the efect of your pedel pulsing ....once you thow on a new set of discs and pads you should bleed each side to release old air pressure thats caught up in your brake lines...this will cause the pulsing efect...

try bleeding your brakes itll release the air between the lines and stop the efect of your pedel pulsing ....once you thow on a new set of discs and pads you should bleed each side to release old air pressure thats caught up in your brake lines...this will cause the pulsing efect...

First off, air in the lines will not cause a pulse, itll cause a really low pedal if at all any. Although it wouldnt be a bad idea to bleed the old fluid out due to the copper content in the lines, dont wanna have any seals rotting away and swelling up later down the road. But any pulsation is due to out of round, or warped rotors, and for those who feel it in the seat and have drums, should get their drums machined. Of course this is all assuming your pulsation is only when your braking.....

yeh,pedal goes up and down slightly and steering wheel shakes back and forth when I hit the brakes when slowin down from a high speed.

Last edited:
yeh,pedal goes up and down slightly and steering wheel shakes back and forth when I hit the brakes when slowin down from a high speed.

yeh then machine your rotors, if there still good, and drums (if thats what you have in the rear). If not then replace all the components.

If you don't have a problem with parts form Pep Boys you can purchase their Street Heat drilled rotors. They have a 2 or 3 year warranty and they are being discontinued so they are on sale, at least here in Jersey. You can call the West Windsor Pep Boys and ask for Jen. She will locate you a set if you're interested. Tell her Stanford told you to call.

Last edited:
Wow thanx alot! that about 15 minutes from me.Good lookin out!Well Jen wasn't workin but they only had the front left side $24.They have to order the other side for me$54,but I bought them any way!How good can they be for that price though?The brembos I was gonna pay$145 for the front set.Are the brems that much better?

Jen just called me to tell me that you came in and bought the rotors. Glad I was helpful. I have used the Street Heat rotors in the past and have never had a problem. They work effectively, look nice and don't rape my wallet at the same time. Nothing bad to say about the brems but just because something costs more doesn't mean that it is substantially any better. If you need any other parts let me know. I have know several places that will probably have most things you may need.

thanx for the help,even though they had to order the right side for me I still paid $75 for the two fronts.thats the same price I would have paid for one brembo.I'mpretty easy on the brakes,I pretty sue theywere warped alittle when I bought the car.They were all glazedup when Ibought the car,I just put them on our rotor machine and cleaned the glazing off to save a few bucks.Been using them for two years now but I new they wouldn't last forever.

I t could have been possible that your boot on your caliper was torn. That would explain the shaking back and forth plus the warped rotors. Just check the boots to make sure they are ok.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back