The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Bad o2 and some other ?s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastlaser

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2003
glendora, New_Jersey
Setup

to4e 57, pte 680s,custom fuel rail,paxton rising rate set at 43psi vacuum off,walbro 255 rewired,-4 lines to and from the fuel rail,vpc 550 chip,afr,eprom stock chip for now,2g pistons with 190 or alittle higher across the board.

on the logger full throttle 3rd and 4th pulls,i get .35 highest on my o2 voltage,which i know not to tune off of,and my egts which arnt something you are supose to tune off of eather dont go passed 1100 in a 3rd and 4th gear pull.Egt might i say is in the downpipe.

all my afr settings are 3500 -19 4000 -19 4500 -25 5000-25 all till 6500 and 7000 were im -23

i tryed riching it up to -15 -10 but the car feels slugish and dosing go,knock is gone but car is slow.Base timing right now is 5btdc.

what to do? Bad o2 sensor giving bad readings so it thinks its lean.2 bad knock sensor or not torqued to block right.I was gonna pull some timing and try it,then add some timing with the extra fuel and try it.If theres anything else i need to add or answer so i can have some insite please post

oh i do have a front mount and all other neccesary items.Im gonna change my o2 today with a brand new one and see what that does

There are 3 ways to advise you:

The right way of going about tuning: Go to a shop and get it dyno tuned so it's done right. This will cost some money, but you will be really happy in the end.

The next best thing: buy your own wideband o2 and logger and street tune yourself. It will cost as much, but you can change your tune whenever you feel the need to.

The cheap way: Take guesses from people who don't know a lot of what's going on except what parts you have. Here's my guess: If your EGT's are only hitting 1100*F, I'd say you're rich, but since you said it's in the downpipe, that might be hot still. I don't know many people who run it there so I don't have an average temperature to work with there.

Taking guesses in tuning without knowing what's going on will probably lead to broken parts.

Good luck.

Edit: as far as the low o2 volts goes, check your wiring at the ecu. My friend's airflow wire wasn't hooked up when he installed his s-afc. He sold the car b/c it was too slow for how much it had done (and it was a decent amount). The next owner called him after having a shop tune his car, and it turned out that the airflow wire wasn't hooked up to the ecu (but it was hooked up to the s-afc) and he picked up 85whp with getting that fixed and tuning. ;)

yeah im gonna take it back and get it retuned.

Im gonna put a new o2 sensor in,and my new vpc air temp sensor since the wires got ripped off,then go to the dyno again.

Im gonna pick up a wideband soon enough,so i can be close to always in tune.

timing is always a big issue

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back