The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Bad news from Wakeman, OH

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp171

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 6, 2003
Oakland, California
Why is this significant to the DSM community? Because Wakeman, OH is the home of Buschur Racing and some Shootout events. Even in the winter months, I'd say that Buschur's customers per month outnumber the town's residents. Since everyone knows everyone in that town, it's gotta be a mess for the whole area.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=40708

Eleven children found caged in Huron home

WAKEMAN -- A prosecutor is considering charges against two parents after police say the couple had 11 foster children locked in cages.
Caged rigged with alarms
Authorities: Parents saw nothing wrong with caging kids
The investigation is going on in Wakeman, a town of about 1,000 people about 10 miles west of Oberlin in Huron County.

Huron County deputies say the children who stayed in this house slept in 40-inch high cages with no pillows or blankets.

According to prosecutors, the children ranged in age from 1 to 14, and all had disabilities including autism.

People in Wakemen are stunned.

"What's going on in there with the cages and all, I would have never thought anything like that would have ever happened, you know, out here in the country," neighbor Thomas Hall says. "We're country people out here. You always read about that stuff in the cities."

Both the husband and the wife deny that they have been neglecting or abusing the children.

While the prosecutor considers charges, a judge has moved the children into other foster homes.

Officials tell Channel 3 News the children are in good condition and are doing well in their new homes.

When my aunt wanted to adopt a kid and found the background checks so difficult that she just went to china and pretty much bought a baby girl i was kind of annoyed.

but when i read things like this it makes me wonder how people get by background checks.

sucks, and that is just plain disgusting.

Heard on TV that the 12y/o that ran away was how this was all discovered.If not for that those kids would still be in that circumstance. They got through the cracks by moving around alot. Some of the kids were adopted in other states and other counties. Happens=I have seen it , reported it and gone to court for it in my other job.

That's horrible, the parents should be given cages the same size as the ones they put the kids in. Thhey knew what they were doing was wrong or they wouldn't hav put alarms on the cages.

tsimom said:
Heard on TV that the 12y/o that ran away was how this was all discovered.If not for that those kids would still be in that circumstance. They got through the cracks by moving around alot. Some of the kids were adopted in other states and other counties. Happens=I have seen it , reported it and gone to court for it in my other job.

I'm a security guard at a hospital. Last week we had Garfield Heights PD and the county social workers bring in a malnourished 14 year old boy who weighed 51 pounds! :toobad:

Why does our society require a license to get married or even go fishing, but not require parents to prove any degree of competency? As heartless as it sounds, we ought to require parents-to-be to either prove basic knowledge of a child's needs (food, shelter, schooling, etc.), or if they can't, social services ought to pluck that newborn right out of their arms.

I would put the parents in cages for 20-40 years.... sick bastards.....

jp171 said:
I'm a security guard at a hospital. Last week we had Garfield Heights PD and the county social workers bring in a malnourished 14 year old boy who weighed 51 pounds! :toobad:

Why does our society require a license to get married or even go fishing, but not require parents to prove any degree of competency? As heartless as it sounds, we ought to require parents-to-be to either prove basic knowledge of a child's needs (food, shelter, schooling, etc.), or if they can't, social services ought to pluck that newborn right out of their arms.

Yeah, any idiot can have a kid. From what I've seen, the less the intelligence of the parents, the more children they wind up with. Then we have even more stupid added to the gene pool. It's really disturbing that it's allowed to happen like that. It's also too bad that the government banned "cruel and unusual punishment", because the punishments they give out don't seem to match the crime. They'll go to jail, big deal. It would be a lot better if the parents were put in smaller cages and people were allowed to poke them with pointy sticks for awhile so they realize the magnitude of what they did.

ilikeboost said:
I would put the parents in cages for 20-40 years.... sick bastards.....

The effed up thing... is they'll probibly end up with a slap on the wrist.

They acctully showed Buschur racing on the news for a secound, they had the reporter on Fox walking down West Main Street coming from the gas station and you saw part of Buschur and an Evo, then they went back and showed the house.

sad? yes. I am surprissed? honestly not really.
I saw it all the time, hell I was part of the system for a while.
I went through 5 foster homes in 3 years.
If I did not like the situation, I would raise all holy hell and force something to be done.

I had a (not biological, but a real) grandmother that I would go to if I did not like the situation I was in. I was around her all the times when I was 10-14. They moved me halfway accross the state, and I eventually got back to the area 5 years later... know what?
She recognized me instantly...

When I joined the service, I told her where I was and she was the only one that ever wrote to me from home... I was devastaded when I was in "A" school and her duaghter wrote me to tell me that she died, and in her obit she said how proud she was of me :cry:

Just infuruated me that good people that I liked and that wanted to take me out of the system could not do so :mad: :mad: :mad: :notgood:

Can't we get away from the spray out of the media shitnozzles anywhere?

Yeah, it's real awful. That anyone makes a living out of telling everyone else the most grotesque, nauseating, unsettling, rude and sorry stories out of all mankind's books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back