The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Bad fuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FAQGSX222

Proven Member
Jul 26, 2015
Louisville, Tennessee
i went to start the car and nothing no starter turning nothing. The battery fuse and alternator fuse both blown. Hmm something isn’t right LOL. Replaced the fuses and everything works but won’t start. I have fuel and spark albeit looks weak. I thought the ECU fried so I swapped in my 95-96 ECU just for kicks still nothing.
98 GSX
6 bolt swap
Maft translator w/3” GM Maf
Safc 2
I’m thinking of buying coil packs and resistor but that’s expensive to buy the 3 when I might be overlooking something simple

Anything prefacing the alt. and batt. fuses blowing, like a batt/alt replacement, or sub/amp install etc?

Might inspect the wiring on the component side of the fuses, look for melted/chewed/cut wires. Also test the coil pack, check/swap the PTU and load test the battery.

What about a compression and mechanical timing check?

Compression good all across. I was fixing to replace the alternator actually. I’ll trace the wires from it to the fuse box. I had a feeling that it was the alternator but didn’t think it would cause the car to not run. The car floods that’s why I was going to check the ignition components. I’ve got to review the steps to test the coils and I’ll do that tomorrow along with wire inspection. I was driving the car parked it cranked it to pull it in the garage the next day. It started then instantly began to stutter and barely made it 20 feet into the garage. I’ve had time to clean up the engine bay

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back