The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

bad cv joints....and motor mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alconchino

10+ Year Contributor
May 15, 2011
LovesPark, Illinois
i just bought a 94 eagle talon non turbo....well my auto teacher said the cv joints are bad..and 2 moutor mounts ....i cant get them fixed till 30th....can i drive on them to see a second macanic friday its 40+ miles a way one way....if i take the backroads can i make it with out them snapping....i dont hear loud clicking just like no power at all during mild turns....help please

Im not going to pretend like i know what i'm talking about but the motor mounts should be just fine. Now the cv joints should be taken easy on so as not to break them off completely. Just baby the throttle till you can get it fix, my gf's mom mountaineer has a cv that clunks about every .5 seconds and she drives all over.

yea i dont need thank u tho... am going from carpenters ville to rock ford thats whu i wanna know if it is safe if i took like 72 all the way up to rockford ,,, but i dont wanna break down as iam driving:confused:

Im saying I can do the work for free if you have to space and tools.....I have my own tools even....Dont risk popping out your axle like I did.....It felt like my clutch was gone because of it and had NO POWER whatsoever.....I am down to help, even drive to you if you pay the gas....I love DSM cars man

Im sure by him saying the CVs are bad means the boots are ripped. If they arent making noise then you still good. But eventually all the grease will come out of them and start wearing/making noise

Ya, im not saying to not worry about it anymore, but if the boots ripped grease is probably gone out of it. If your getting it fixed in a week it will last

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back