The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Bad compression test results, advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theoneandonlyg

Proven Member
Mar 13, 2013
Ludlow, Massachusetts
So, I just recently had my 97 gsx at the shop, and the mechanic told me that my compression results were 150-125-150-0. I have not pulled off the head yet, to look at the block, or even peeked to see how the timing looks. The mechanic then proceeded to tell me that for him to do all the valves would cost me around $1500! At this point, I'm looking for suggestions, or any ideas anyone has. I'm thinking of just buying a new reman head, but I'm not sure what else I need with it. Any help is greatly appreciated! :dsm:

building any motor doesnt matter what it is has the same basics turbo or not. but if you dont know much man dont rebuild anything yourself there is alot to it. there is alot of guys on the east coast that build dsm's just keep looking. someone will chime in and give you more info then i can, keep updating on here and it will get resolved. i will be honest if you have to rebuild the motor it will cost a little bit but like i said do it right and you will have a solid car for a long time. i would get a mitsubishi factory service manuel for your year ( not a haynes or chilton) off of ebay and it will tell you everything you need to know about the car.

Here you go :) Links for parts of the 2g service manual.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/fre...stions/324090-download-2g-service-manual.html

Leak down for sure! Not difficult for you to do you tube it. Pull your plugs ASAP and inspect them. By brother in law dropped a plug on the ground then installed it anyway, the center of the plug came out under boost at 50 mph and broke one of the exhaust valves. Also the mechanic you went to for sure as others have said is not educated in our cars at all find a new one. Even a euro car mechanic would be better for you than going back there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back