The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Spyder Bad cat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetlegends

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2005
Lawton, Oklahoma
Alright. My 99 has sat for a few years. I decided to hold on to it. No gas was in tank I am assuming it sucked out at some people. I put about 5 gallons in with seafoam. I even cleaned the MAF. I ease on the gas pedal and get stumbling. It cuts off. Now, after letting it run for awhile it doesn’t do it. The middle pipe is broken near the cat. Maybe that may be the issue. I can add a vid later today

What did you use to clean the MAF sensor? These MAF’s aren’t a design that should be used with the spray can cleaners so that could be an issue if you went that route. Also while it’s good there was no fuel in it it’s also possible an injector is sticking a bit until it warms up. I’d also pull the plugs and take a look at them and replace them since it’s cheap and easy.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back