The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Bad boost controller?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAHDIRTRACER05

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 5, 2003
tuslaw, Ohio
I have an air leak from my turbo xs boost controller and cannot figure out where it is coming from.I think it is comming from the 2 orings at the top of it but it is a loud leakand u can almost hear it over the motor running. It still holds steady boost but someone told me if i have a boost leak it has to be fixed and i dont know what to do with it? Is it a bad boost controlleror what?

build a boost leak tester www.vfaq.com and check for a boost leak ... it explains everything ... all you gotta do is click the links and find the intake leak tester. very cheap and easy to build.

good luck

brandon :laser:

the sound is not from the controller and prob from you IC piping. The tester would be great but if you have a friend listen in the engine bay you might be able to find it that way too if its that loud. Just adjhust the piping and tighten the clamps if you find it.

i got a leak from my boost controller also. I know its from that cuz i picked it up and air was comming out of it. Mine isn't that loud but it does have one. It wont affect anything. I actually thing it is designed to leak. Mine holds boost fine too so i wouldn't worry about it.

Most mbc's will have a leak. The reason is they have a bleed hole in them. Without a bleed hole on a ball/spring mbc, it will hold pressure on the wg actuator and be really slow closing which = slow spool up, no spool, boost fallng off, etc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back