The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Spyder Backup camera trigger line

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexr254

Proven Member
Jun 18, 2021
Palm Coast, Florida
On a 1999 Spyder GS.
I'm trying to hook up a new Alpine ilxw650 head unit. Everything works great except for the backup camera trigger line when i go in reverse.
Surprisingly even the stock amp and tweeters work. Previous owner didn't hook up the amp, and tweets were off because of that.
I did put bass blockers on the tweeters.

I did read that there is a red/blue line that can be used as the reverse trigger. But it didn't go into much detail on where i can find it. I do see a red/blue line deep in the deck area but I really don't want to splice or tap into it unless I can get confirmation its the right one. Is that the only red/blue wire there is?

You can use Pin 22 (red w/blue stripe) on harness B-63
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back