The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Back with another Forced Four wiring question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastcolt

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 27, 2011
Tucson, Arizona
so to start off my awd I rebuilt didnt work.. picked up a working 95 fwd to toss in for now.. so gonna drop it in this weekend..
I have the smart 150 box with the display box.. and the prnd module will be here tomorrow.. I also got the toggle switch just in case i needed it ...

my question is.. how do I wire it/ set it up so I can switch between manually ratchet shifting and letting the 150 do its thing?.. (I wish there was a actual forum or fb group on these boxes to read over and research)..

thanks much.. Steve

Grounding the White/Grey wire will put the FF 150 into Auto Shift Mode. Use the toggle switch to interrupt the grounding connection and the unit will be in Manual mode.

We really DO need a section for these. I did the best I could to write up how to configure the Smart 100.1. Now there are better boxes and I need one myself.

so White/Grey wire to the toggle...to a ground?. thanks so much Dog...

an Talon that would be great if there was a section within the auto area that is only FF info... especially stickies as they become available.

thanks guys..

so White/Grey wire to the toggle...to a ground?. thanks so much Dog...

Yes, a body ground.

We’ve got a hand drawn wiring diagram that shows the wiring connections we did for for my ForcedFour 150 from last summer. If you saw the Spyder build thread, we installed a 3G manumatic shifter and kept the factory TCU for when the shifter is in auto shift mode. Our wiring was more involved because of this.

Shawn at Forced Four has been great when asked technical questions. In the accompanying literature there were only lists of where the wires should connect to, instead of an actual wiring diagram.

nice I just read over the spider build.. love ur truck also.. im swapping a 86 mm.. 1 more question... I assume with the prnd module that it goes thru the ff box still.... in ratchet mode will it still see the full line pressure?. (not quite sure how these 2 boxes work together).. thanks.

Thanks for the kind words.

We kept the factory TCU so that we could experiment with the full range of settings on the Forced Four without affecting daily drivability.

If you have upgraded to the newest firmware 2.01, you will see that Shawn reworked the whole valve control section for custom control by gear, and added an adjustable value for the line pressure.

I just bought my box end of nov.. just looked and it does have 2.01.. havent really looked into it much since car isnt running yet.. hope to have it going by next weekend .. thanks for the help/info..

nice I just read over the spider build.. love ur truck also.. im swapping a 86 mm.. 1 more question... I assume with the prnd module that it goes thru the ff box still.... in ratchet mode will it still see the full line pressure?. (not quite sure how these 2 boxes work together).. thanks.
The prnd module does indeed go through the FF box. It is basically used to show what gear you are actually in while shifting through the selector.

I added mine when I put in the ratchet shifter so i can visually see all the gears being selected.

thats good to know... I still havent gotten it going yet... been way to cold to work on it but this weekend is gonna be nice so I will be out there....I wired it all up but couldnt get it to change gears on the display with the ratchet..(it changes with the up/down button in the program). I am thinking I need to wire in the white/grey wire that is used for DI4 input..( pulled to ground for the auto/manual modes)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back