The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Back seat delete kit???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I knew a guy who used a rear seat delete kit from a SN95 mustang in a 2g. It looked good.

Yeah I'm going to try and see what I find on that but will probably just come down to me fabricating something from scratch.

Sucks because with the limited amount of rear space, who could sit back there LOL. Someone should have manufactured something a long time ago. :idontknow:

Last edited:
Sucks because with the limited amount of rear space, who could sit back there LOL. Someone should have manufactured something a long time ago. :idontknow:

exactly why I deleted mine. I'm 6'1" so there is zero room back there. Plus I was getting my seats reupholstered and it was cheaper to just delete the rear seats.

Yea, aluminum in a track car is ideal. In my street car tho, I need something more presentable and flowing with the rest of the interior.

Yeah I'm going to try and see what I find on that but will probably just come down to me fabricating something from scratch.

Exactly, the rear seats are just as useless as in the stangs LOL. A nice clean rear delete kit for a reasonable price would probably sell pretty well.

I'm looking into fabbing something up myself. Starting from scratch and just doing a basic gray to match the interior. I'll post some pics if I ever get around to it.

I can't wait to delete the rear seats in my Spyder, no one can sit back there! Lol. Always collects tools and then I wonder where something went.
That's pretty sexy.

backseat will be going soon.. all it does is collect parts and tools.

Here's mine.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Is that a shallow mount sub or full size?

Hey guys, if any of you have any recent pics of what you all were planning I'd like to see what ya did... goin to start mine hopefully soon

Man that looks pretty sick, I didnt know this was an option Id like to do that to put a sound system back there. Would a body shop or a upholsterer would be best to go too?

IMO the back seat delete looks ghetto on anything but a racecar which would just be bare metal anyway. I like the seats because they hide and compliment the sound of a sub. If you want a clean look and no longer have the hatch shelf, just put the seats down, and buy some universal carpet from wally world to lay over everything if you want. Unless you're really concerned about the 12 pounds.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back