The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Back in a DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sd240

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 6, 2003
Ava, Missouri
Well, after about 5&1/2 years I'm back to being a DSM owner. I'll just give the short version of the story; In January of 2010 I sold my 93 TSi AWD Talon for financial reasons and almost immediately regretted it. I had spent most of my teens/early twenties sinking time and money into it. I sold it to a guy who basically just upgraded the turbo in it and did a little tuning and ran an 11.89 right off the bat. I was happy for him, but at the same time made me sick knowing I was that close to breaking into the 11s.
Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I located a 97 TSi AWD Talon for nearly dirt cheap that needs a lot of TLC. It requires some body work and the engine and trans put back in, but otherwise a solid car. Right now I'm not planning on doing anything crazy with it, would like to get roughly 300-350 HP all said and done. I just want to make it quick enough to make me smile without breaking the bank.
Current plans are: (obviously after maintenance and free mods)
walboro 190 lbh
660 injectors
Evo 3 16G turbo
upgraded clutch (still undecided on which one)
3" turbo back
FMIC
Method of tuning (DSMLink V3 or currently looking into possibility of 98/99 ecu with evoscan/ecuflash)

I'm sure there's more I was thinking of, but they aren't coming to mind at the moment. Oh and the list in no particular order, just put them down as I thought of them. I'll try to get some pictures when I actually get the car brought back to my house, but for now, let me know what thoughts you guys have, or any concerns about my plans. Oh and it feels good to be back!

After 12 years you are still a probationary member :banghead: Just kidding. Does the talon still have the 2gb talon bumber?? And if so are you keeping it talon or doing the 2gb eclipse bumper?? Since it seems like you have a little bit of work to do, you should do a build thread so we can follow along...

If you do do (haha) ecmlink you might as well go large on the injectors, that way if you ever wanna step up the power you won't have to buy new injectors!

Welcome back to the addiction:hellyeah:

Yea, it still has the 2gb bumper, and I'm keeping it talon. I love the looks of the 2gb eclipses, but I also love the 2gb talon and a clean looking one is hard to come by anymore. I know the probationary member looks kinda bad LOL, but I never really posted anything, I just spent god know how many hours reading and gaining knowledge. Looks like it's about to start all over again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back