The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Back from the dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evolvingGS-t said:
How the hell do you want me to prove my boost? Are you that ####ing stupid? Wait...don't answer that. Do you believe that air exists outside? It can't exist because you can't see it, right? That's about as stupid a question as proving my boost.

Just let it be that I made 298whp on 14lbs. Why don't you check out my mods list and that might help some of you make a better statement about not being able to make 298whp on 14lbs. :thumb:

well, now that i see your mods list, must be that super tuning with the afc ROFL

but then again, u do have a built head(cams i hope) and all that so who knows, i just know that at 14psi, a 16g cant support enough airflow for 300whp on a 2000cc motor

Haha i love it when you guys doubt me cause i wouldnt lie and trust me. I have pulled on 3 different ones all supercharged they are reall fast my car pulls on them from a 30-like 90 roll i pulled about a 1 and half car on 2 different 04's so yea dont believe my friends were in the car they can vouch for me

by the was i am am going to get tuned in 2 weeks cant wait post some amazing dyno numbers for you guys...... :thumb:

No I kept my stock cams and gears. I am going to run the car for a couple of weeks and schedule back for some more tuning. I might crank the boost up to 20lbs and see what I get.

"298 whp SAE... being that you are in Utah the correction factor was most likely 1.25+... so your numbers are believeable".
Yes the 298whp was SAE corrected. You can see on my graph when my hp/tq drops about 6200RPM. I don't see a need to go any farther then that.

"The fact that you are on a fwd dyno helps compared to an awd dyno"
Actually it is an AWD dyno, I just have FWD.

"There is nothing special about your mod list ...," Those numbers are still very high for 14 psi on a 7.8:1 compression motor"

No there really isn't anything special about my mods. But I'll tell you what I don't have. Is a 7.8:1comp. motor. More like an 8.5:1.

You all need to stop making assumptions about why you don't think that it's possible to hit 298 with 14lbs. :thumb:

The reasons your numbers are "high" is becasue you are at what, 4500 ft above sea level? Depending on the weather that day the sae correction is 1.20-1.25.

Get a look at your uncorrected numbers, which are what you really put to the ground. You really made about 250..... maybe.

The thing with being at altitude is how large the correction is, most people dont understand how much less air there really is up that high. When I dyno'd last, my correct factor was 1.29. I'm at 5800 ft above sea level, the density altitude was 9000 ft that day.

I agree with Seth. When I dynoed my car i made 447AWHP. That was with a 1.26 correction factor. The uncorrected numbers that day were 350awhp 328tq @ 5900ft. That is what the elevation is for our dyno facility.

Do what Seth said and tell us what power you made uncorrected. We made 302AWHP @ 18psi on pump gas with a small 16g 2G. Our uncorrected numbers were 248awhp.

Steven

madracer247@aol said:
Haha i love it when you guys doubt me cause i wouldnt lie and trust me. I have pulled on 3 different ones all supercharged they are reall fast my car pulls on them from a 30-like 90 roll i pulled about a 1 and half car on 2 different 04's so yea dont believe my friends were in the car they can vouch for me

by the was i am am going to get tuned in 2 weeks cant wait post some amazing dyno numbers for you guys...... :thumb:

not to be an ass but please :shhh:

but why??chad man nobody believes me that i can pull on 03-04 cobra's not till i take them around the block when they say "shit man your car is freaken fast"..but yea i will be quiet now

just sayin that at 14 psi you're lucky to beat a gt, but not an 03 cobra, its just not happening, maybe it has fake badges, but i'd definitely have to see it to believe it, or get some video of it and ill give you respect where its due :thumb:

Will do man i set up my dyno appointment already so i will definetly post some vids after but yea i dont mean to be a ass-hole its just i dont like when fellow dsmer's flame me but yea vids will be up soon

It shows on my dyno sheet in the other thread. I have an uncorrected of 285.6whp.

Should i get this EVO III Big 16G Turbo

This is the thread where my dyno is. :thumb:

your full of poo. i've seen stock 03-04 cobras run 12's at the track with slicks.. now you want me to bealive that from a roll you pulled on it?? Maybe he wanted you to feel special and you pulled 1 car length on him because he was at 1/4 throttle.. Im sorry dude I have 3 different friends with 03-04 cobras. I'm about to pick up a 04. No way from a roll your going to pull on that car..

oh and u say you had friends in the car.. more than one.. hell i can tell a big difference when i ride alone and just have 1 person ride with me...you must have the SUPER DUPER SMALL 16G EXTREME :tease:

Go head and make fun yea i actually had 2 guys in the car against one cobra and we all heard his supercharger and we couldnt believe it.... but its ok i know my car and i love it. Anyways why would i lie to be cool on an online forum wow.....i say this cause its the truth and dsmlink shows i am flowing like 26-30lbs at 14 psi

Before I forget, I want to send a huge thank you to Slowboy Racing for my set up. :thumb:
It's not anything special, just the 1g swap with the EVO3 turbo,mani/o2 pipe. And of course all of the supporting mods.
It's been a year in the making and I finally got it done! :rocks:

umm...dont turbo cars make up for the altitude difference automatically? For example, the wastegate is mechanical, so it doesnt know altitude

at higher elevation its still going to make the same boost it does down low, the turbo may be spinning more or harder but at the end, in the manifold it wil have the boost that the wastegate is mechanically set for

SOOO, there shouldnt be ANY correction factors....as far as i can see

And in that case, you would be lucky if youre actually making 250whp

On the other hand, today i dynoed my t3/04b v trim at 22-23psi on meth injection and a bit of race gas(slight) and made 344whp..REAL whp, no corrections, no tricks, no gimmicks...

CanadianTSi said:
Amen.

I put down 270(on a mustang dyno) at 20psi and all the bolt-ons with my Evo 3, but I was trapping 111mph, so obviously the car was making more power.

I agree. Mustang dyno is the way to go. Your car is as fast as it is, no matter what numbers you tell people. Might as well get some 'real world' hp numbers and tuning. Last time I had my car dyno'ed, it was like 225 hp & 219 lb/ ft with Small 16 @ ~ 17 lbs.

Talnz167 said:
I agree. Mustang dyno is the way to go. Your car is as fast as it is, no matter what numbers you tell people. Might as well get some 'real world' hp numbers and tuning. Last time I had my car dyno'ed, it was like 225 hp & 219 lb/ ft with Small 16 @ ~ 17 lbs.

Dude, fix whatever is wrong with your car. I would be pissed if my car was making numbers that low on a s16g...

:nono: I'm a little dissappointed at reading through this thread :sosad: :boring: ... I know I only have a t-25, so I'm just a small guy blowing alot of hot air.... But come on.. THis is alot of hating... We all don't need to get harsh... Honestly, I love this board... The trick to solving this.. is go make a 1/4 or 1/8 run at a track and come back w/ the results... The track has no bias except for external factors which come from God, and/or the driver... As for the dyno sheet, its not that big of a deal... If he posts it, and its verified, than WOW! :thumb: he has made a breakthrough, and we need to grow up and except it... but what the hell do I know.. its 1 in the morning... :boring: Nite all" God bless

And i know they are have 395hp and they freakin badass cars....but some how i can pull on them so yea i dont know watch read this.....

Well let me tell you the other day from coming home from the gym i see a Black 04 cobra so i give him a little growl...so he finally catches up and i say

"Hey man! Nice car"
he said,
"Thx",
then i said
"Is it fast",
then his passenger says,
"yea alot faster then yours" with a huge smile
and begins to laugh amongst his 2 friends, and i say
"Ok we will see", with a look of sheer enjoyment.

Then we hit it from a 2nd gear roll and i pull about 2 cars till about the end of 3rd gear and then they catch up and i say, "Man what happend", and the passenger says,
"there were alot of cars",
and i said
"Bs man!! i pulled about 2 cars on you Ass...."
then he had a look of confusion on his face like he wished he would have never said ,"Yea alot faster then yours"... so yea never under estimate another car

nazthug said:
umm...dont turbo cars make up for the altitude difference automatically? For example, the wastegate is mechanical, so it doesnt know altitude

at higher elevation its still going to make the same boost it does down low, the turbo may be spinning more or harder but at the end, in the manifold it wil have the boost that the wastegate is mechanically set for

SOOO, there shouldnt be ANY correction factors....as far as i can see

And in that case, you would be lucky if youre actually making 250whp

On the other hand, today i dynoed my t3/04b v trim at 22-23psi on meth injection and a bit of race gas(slight) and made 344whp..REAL whp, no corrections, no tricks, no gimmicks...

No turbo cars do not make up for it. You may be running the same amount of boost but the air density is still way less and the total air pressure is less.

Then you try and compensate for the air so you turn up the boost which moves you further outside the efficency range. You really see the difference when you max out the turbo.

madracer247@aol said:
And i know they are have 395hp and they freakin badass cars....but some how i can pull on them so yea i dont know watch read this.....

Well let me tell you the other day from coming home from the gym i see a Black 04 cobra so i give him a little growl...so he finally catches up and i say

"Hey man! Nice car"
he said,
"Thx",
then i said
"Is it fast",
then his passenger says,
"yea alot faster then yours" with a huge smile
and begins to laugh amongst his 2 friends, and i say
"Ok we will see", with a look of sheer enjoyment.

Then we hit it from a 2nd gear roll and i pull about 2 cars till about the end of 3rd gear and then they catch up and i say, "Man what happend", and the passenger says,
"there were alot of cars",
and i said
"Bs man!! i pulled about 2 cars on you Ass...."
then he had a look of confusion on his face like he wished he would have never said ,"Yea alot faster then yours"... so yea never under estimate another car

You are a troll :notgood: Maybe it was a gt with loose belts?

Nobody has taken in to account that the person driving the Cobra was a complete moron who didn't know how to drive?... Sounds logical.

At the track here the fastest I've seen '03 '04 cobra's run is 13.3 stock. Not too impressive for all that stock power. Ford's technical data on the Cobra is 395 HP at the crank not at the wheels.

I've seen video's of other Cobra's running lower than 13.3's, but it's not all that impressive for a Supercharged v8 in my opinion.

(Do take into consideration the track up here is considered a "slow" track, also remember that the 03 04 cobra's I'm talking about are completely stock. I know the group of them that go there.)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back