The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Back from the dead in San Diego!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The 4ce

Probationary Member
May 8, 2018
San Diego, California
Howsit everyone! After an almost 10 year sabbatical from the DSM game, I am officially back. It took some convincing of the "other half" to allow me back.

Well... kinda! Does a '74 Dodge Colt with a 4g63t swap count? My previous cars were a 2g GSX 2.3 Stroker (walked and sold), and a bone stock 2g Talon AWD (T-boned at an intersection). Needless to say, I've had my headaches with these monsters, and yet I have not learned my lesson :p

The idea behind this build is to get back to the DSM roots. While everyone knows about the DSM automaker relationship, I like to think I'm taking it a step further. Pre 1g/2g dsm, there was the Galant. Well, at least that's what it was called in Japan. Actually, it was the Galant Colt GTO. Its US counterpart was simply the Colt. This Galant Colt GTO or just Colt, is arguably THE car that sparked the collaboration between these automakers that would eventually evolve into what we've known as DSM :)

So, with the Galant/Colt being the, for the lack of a better phrase, "OG" DSM (in my opinion)... I am doing this build to grant it that respect... amongst other personal nostalgic, sentimental, and government regulation (ahmmmm smog) reasons ;) This will be an extensive feat, and I will be needing any and all help as I tunnel down this rabbit hole. So please stay tuned to hear plenty of technical, questionable, WTF, STFU, and noob moments!

2.4L, 6766, e85 and a 150 shot on top or don't bother. :)

Well it would have to be e87 because of it being California and all:banghead: Otherwise, I am considering a destroked 4g64/g4cs setup. So kind of a 2.4?!? The goal is to have it be a weekender with ~500 whp (preferably w/o the bottle). I have all the time in the world to theory-craft this one. I've got plenty of rust-busting in the meantime:barf:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back