The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Back From The Dead 95 AWD TSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alright here it goes... I'm a terrible DSM owner. I've owned this TSI since 2010ish. When i bought it it had been sitting in a garage for a few years, not running. It sat in my driveway for a few more years then when i moved it moved to a field. There it has sat for the last 6ish years. I had every intention to fix it, just 'never had the time'. Until about a month ago my cousin hit the drivers side window with his truck. I was notified, got some pics and put it up on craigslist. Some interest, some jerks, you know how CL is. The people interested wanted more photos. I decided to drive the few hour round trip to get the photos. When i got there and looked at the underneath i was shocked. It's in pretty good shape still. I took the photos but as i was driving away I asked myself what do I mean I don't have time. I'm in Michigan. It's was on lock down for quite a while, and to some extent still is. What else do I have to do? So i messaged one serious buyer back, 'sorry off the market, decided to fix it up myself'. So I had it trailered to my new home where I am formulating a plan that looks something like the following.

• Fix the window first off. Has a black garbage back duck-taped to it right now, very stylish :D
  • Do all the maintenance. Double, triple check stuff. Make sure everything is solid before the battery even goes in.
    • Timing belt, waterpump, tensioner, all the pullies, plugs, wires, oil change, fuel filter change, etc
  • There is an issue with the suspension, it's missing some bushings that date back to the last owner.
  • Needs new tires and possible calipers
  • Then decide where to go from here. Daily driver, street racing, drag racing. who knows?
If you interested in taking a look at what it currently looks like have a look at my vehicle profile. I'll try to post some progress and get some and take some help as i go along.

Took some pictures a while ago when doing it but now finally getting time to post. Driver side window replacement, as far as the removal/install procedure I pretty much followed the book. The removal of the window was pretty much done for me :p but it left a huge mess.
  • I removed the interior trim and speaker, only broke one clip.
  • Unbolted what was left of the old window
  • I cleaned out the mess as best as I could with a shop vacuum with a carpet extension and a little handheld broom. It worked pretty well, shook the after each vacuum session to make sure I got all the pieces.
  • Sourced the glass online from a junkyard in Michigan. Interestingly the 95 glass is different from all other 2g glass. I think I ended up paying $35 plus a couple gallons of gas.
  • One thing that I did do while I had the door open was oil everything.
  • Installed the window
  • Replace the plastic and the interior door trim. I had some 6 mil plastic laying around so I used that. Most of it stuck back to the original tar like substance. Though in some spots I used some liquid nail to get it to stick.
  • Let it sit for a couple days.
  • I popped in the speaker and trim and screwed it all back up.

Making progress, slowly. Next posts will be about install/removing poly bushings and pulling the motor to replace a bunch of stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_20200610_195412.jpg
    IMG_20200610_195412.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20200531_195157.jpg
    IMG_20200531_195157.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20200531_195515.jpg
    IMG_20200531_195515.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20200531_200656.jpg
    IMG_20200531_200656.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20200531_211144.jpg
    IMG_20200531_211144.jpg
    877.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20200531_212018.jpg
    IMG_20200531_212018.jpg
    967.2 KB · Views: 29
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back