The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

B pillar cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

architechnik

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 21, 2007
Glad, Oregon
How do you get the B-column cover off of a '94 Mitsu?!?!

I recently ripped out my headliner to replace that usual dull brownish-gray material that sags down makes me want to gag each time I notice it.
I pulled the A frame covers off real easy, took off the all the little plugs and visors, lights, etc...

Then I removed the one screw and tried to pull the covers off the frame just behind the driver's side. *SNAP* OMG
"Ok, I'll just glue that part back on when before I repaint it black." :cool:

Checked for any other screws/points where it could be attached still. Pull. *CRACK* :mad:
"Ok, well. I can get the headliner out on this side now, but the cover's still attached. I'll check the other side."

*SNAP* "SON OF A MOTHERLESS GOAT!" :cry: That was the point where i nearly lost it.

I've got the headliner out and prep-ed with material, soon to be glued, but I've got to get those side pieces out to get the headliner back in. Is there some magic button that releases these covers that seem to be attached in the center?

If no one responds soon, I'm busting out the crowbar. I'll build pieces out of Play-doh to replace it if I have to.

Ok, I'll just use a pry bar shoved in toward the center because mine isn't showing any give. I tried to pull as evenly as possible, but it just kept pivoting back and forth until whatever part I was holding snapped.
It's one of those things that I could only imagine trying to find a replacement... and only imagine the ridiculous cost.

Where'd you get it? Dealership?
All the parts places, dealership esp., around here are extremely expensive. I guess that's what I get for living in the middle of nowhere.

I just bought an oem replacement radiator after the hose attachment lip broke (sprayed coolant everywhere) and it costs 50$ more here than it did only 30 miles away... can't drive, gotta pay.

Yeah, Im in ohio and the Mitsu dealer is literally about 10 minutes down the road from me. I could walk if I wanted. I know what you mean though, some things can get really pricey for no reason. I did that to my radiator, if were thinking of the same part. I J-B welded that MF and called it fixed. Worked till the car hit the grave!

ROFL
Yeah, I upped to a 16lb radiator cap with the 30/70 mix and water wetter 'cause the old one kept just blowing out all the mix into the reservoir. I thought the hose would blow, so I kept a gallon each of distilled water and straight coolant in the trunk just in case. When I pulled over with the car spewing steam out of the hood I was kinda surprised to find that plastic beaded part of the radiator still in the radiator hose. :rolleyes:

I had the stocker cap with a mix of almost straight water, mind you the car never saw winter in ohio so it wasnt a problem. Kept it cool and it was easy to refil. One time, I accidently left the cap off and drove around, started to over heat so I pulled into a TacoBell and saw this, went in and got a huge water and kept filling my car and refilling the cup till I was good! LOL.

Now that one is ghetto! I bet the people inside were wondering what the hell you were doing.
I'm about to trade over to a 50/50 mix when the radiator comes in today. Tonight it's supposed to drop to 33 already, and it hasn't gotten much above 70 this past week.

that must be nice. down [over] here, its about 20 @ night and like 80 during the day. Talk about dumb!
And yes, the people inside didnt understand at all and I was tired of getting asked so I started sending my little brother in trip after trip! haha :rofl:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back