The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Axle Shaft Seal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOOSTING_GST

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 13, 2004
CHICAGO, Illinois
Well this weekend we put in my new SBR 3500 clutch in my GSX and when the job was all over and done with took the car out for a spin came back to the garage and noticed that there was some fluid leaking :mad: . We put the car on the lift and it seams like it is coming from between the tranny and the xfer case. From reading the forums it seam to be the axle shaft seal. I called some local places to buy it (Murrays, Auto Zone, Pep Boys) and they have no idea what I am talking about. Does any one know where I can order this part. Live in Chicago, IL. Thanks in advance... :thumb: Oh yea its a 91 GSX

Are you SURE it's not just a little Fluid left over from Clutch job Passenger Side work?

I got my seals from Mitsu - You may want to swap out Transfer Case Seals while you're at it, PITA job coming from Driver side as you drop Exhaust, Intermediate Bearing (Mitsu has no Seals for that - they sell you entire Intermediate Bearing & Bracket Assembly) , Tear down Driver Side Hub, so then you may want to replace Inner & Outer Wheel Bearing Seals, etc, etc... fun - fun - fun = :cry:

Im pretty sure its the seal cuz when I took it home came out in the morning and there was a little puddle in my drive way... :notgood:

Anybody out there in Chicago area know. Come on now someone has to know :sosad:

The mitsubishi part number is MD719710 = Drivers side axleshaft seal (where it comes out of the tranny) It is about half metal. You can get it through the dealership or mitsubishparts.com or a number of other sources. Btw, There's a section on this board that tells you where you can get parts (both factory and aftermarket).

ps The factory manual says to put the notch in the outer metal flange towards the top. This puts the "drain" hole in the seal at the bottom.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back