1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Axle Seal CV Part Numbers where to purchase

Posted by rhodes2010, Jun 14, 2019 at 2:28 PM

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. rhodes2010

rhodes2010 Proven Member

Joined Apr 17, 2010
    Palmdale, California
    I searched this, some part numbers came up. Websites like Mitsubishiparts.com were not as helpful as I had hoped.
    AND - going to local auto parts stores: NAPA, Autozone, Oreilleys all were a fail for me on something that should be EASY. I wanted to purchase Axle seals for the front CV axles on a manual transmission 1996 GSX AWD.
    Found a hundred thread/posts about people replacing axle seals. Also learned that maybe the words axle
    seals are not the correct words. Maybe they are called something else and not axle seals.
    For some reason the local autozone/napa/oreilly all had the seals for the REAR, which I found odd as that is
    less common, And these seals must be the same for a GST and GSX, just my guess.
    I fouund references to Output shaft seals:
    MD719710 Left Side for $10.
    MD707184 which said right-side and also Rear. so not sure.

MD710317 as an extension housing seal (transfer case seal ??)
    MD710259 Left output shaft $16
    MD712007 input shaft at $5

Trans is a W5M33-2

This should not be so difficult. Anyone done these and have some guidance on what they are called and where to get them ?
    Maybe some part numbers from your packages. Sorry for the dumb question, or if this has been covered.
    Thanks

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 5:33 PM
  3. dustyboner

dustyboner DSM Wiseman

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    upload_2019-6-14_22-1-15.png