The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Awesome story- Stolen car taken back from thief by forum members

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caithness

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 2, 2003
Tampa, Florida
Here's a link to the thread- It really starts getting good on page 10: http://www.fuelslut.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55841&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The background story is that the guy's heavily modded Mustang Bullit is stolen from his garage when his home is broken into. People start seeing the thief driving the car around Orlando, at which point they give chase and call the cops. When the cops show up and the forum guys slow down to let them take over the guy repeatedly takes off and outruns the cops because the PD has a no-chase rule and the car is really fast. Here's a quote from the final encounter:

50_Dave@fuelslut said:
We were at the corner of Kirkman and I-drive at that chevron/mobil gas station (had to get some fuel/h20/ice for curtis!)

We were heading back to our cars to drive around town at the posted speed limit when I saw a green bullet drive by and stop at the light at the corner we were at. I immediately yelled, "BULLET!"

I got in my car and chased after him some. Saw that he pulled into a parking lot where backstage is by and found him about to park the stolen car next to some latin bar/club. I blocked him in t-bone style and got out of the car to just talk to him (stall). Curtis pulled in behind him and blocked him, as did trevor with his white WRX Next to me. some more fuelslut people showed up.

The guy paniced, started pushing the stolen car into other cars, and basically slamming his way into cars to push them out of the way. One red z28 had some scuff marks, and the white wrx had some bad scuffs on the front bumper with the back bumper being dented in from being pushed into the Mercedes SUV.

Eddie tried to pull the guy out of the car but the guy dropped the clutch and fishtailed intot he curb and hit Trevor. He than pushed forward and nailed the Mercedes SUV along the side of the car. The guy took off and proceeded to run through the industrial area behind backstage. He (they...had a passenger) ditched the car when curtis found them walking. They jumped in a Silver Mercedes and took off.

We found the car. It had been abandoned. We got the cops there. We had a unit tailing the Mercedes as well, but apperantly they were told by the night commander to let him go :WTF:

We proceeded to fill out incident reports next to the abanded bullet, when those thieves showed back up in the mercedes and took off again when they saw us there.

The cops tried to follow them, but they got into their cars too late.

That just about sums it up.

Crazy night.

yeah its a ####ing awesome bullitt he had too. sucks the ####ers got away. theyve been driving the car around for a week or so, and the car had lots of sightings since it was basically posted on every mustang board and other popular sites in the florida area. lots of other cars tried to catch it numerous times but lost (its kb or whipple charged, fully built motor, tranny and suspension iirc).

The white wrx that was backed into a pushed into a mercedes is a member of our local board. He moved to florida for school. He had his foot run over by the bullet. The mustang guys are all pitching in to help pay for his new bumpers.

thats effin crazy, I just spent the last hour reading all 27 pages, pretty insane.
27? (now 28) I read it this morning and it was 25. The thread is moving!

Sweeeet!

Hey you read the whole page did they get him?
Nop.
Hopefully, they get him by the fingerprints he left all over the car. IF he was convicted before (I bet he was).

BTW some pics of the WRX >
http://www.adrenzone.net/karbon/CAR/Crash/022 [800x600].JPG
http://www.adrenzone.net/karbon/CAR/Crash/024 [800x600].JPG
http://www.adrenzone.net/karbon/CAR/Crash/025 [800x600].JPG
http://www.adrenzone.net/karbon/CAR/Crash/026 [800x600].JPG
http://www.adrenzone.net/karbon/CAR/Crash/029 [800x600].JPG

Somebody is going to the impound for pictures of the Mustang.

from what im understanding the local authorities dont give a shit. to them, the guy (owner) is lucky the car was recovered. i doubt the authorities will pursue it farther, waste of their time unfortunately. even though there is more than enough evidence to get the perp, it would mean opening an investigation and all that jazz, or they can just close the case and move on.

i think though the guys insurance will cover the Bullitt. however the other cars should be covered under their insurance as well, hit and run and whatnot, unless they dont want to file any claims.

Somebody is representing us. LOL
Galant Vr4 in FUEL SLUT said:
You guys rock.. Great job!!
dsmtuners.com Checking in

glad you got your car back very amazing story. Couldn't ask for a better forum family.

Jesse

they did an amazing job getting that car back...truly amazing!
theSicKness is that you in Fuel slut?

EDIT: I see now. It is you by the VR-4 plate Number 483/2000

What about the B&E and bugarlary charges? Are they just going to let that go as well.

It really depends on the Department, their priorities, and the workload of the specific officer who gets the case. But the current trend for most agencies seems to be just letting the criminals go on their way until they get caught at something else. It's a crime in itself.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back