The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

AWESOME: SS Clutch Line

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nasty Dream

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2011
Alexandria, Virginia
Surprisingly, one of the best upgrades I have done to my car: the $20 RRE stainless steel clutch cable.

I simply can't believe the difference. Clutch engagement feels absolutely perfect. I feel so bad for myself for having to deal with mash potato mud bog clutch syndrome, not knowing about how important this is.

Is it because I have a really strong ACT 2600 clutch that it made such a difference?
I don't know, but don't even think about putting hundreds of dollars into clutches and flywheels without putting $20 in a stainless steel line. :ohdamn:

This part replaces all of the mushy hoses, making your entire hydraulic clutch system hard lines. I mean, why in the world Mitsubishi didn't just use one in the first place? Maybe to make things feel less mechanical and more like stepping in a massive pile of steaming shit.

Road Race Engineering's Eclipse Drivetrain Upgrades

Glad to hear man:thumb:, you should write a review for this part and Road Race Engineering. Maybe a tech article if you have time.

When I got my dsm it has a stainless steel line already so I have never experienced mushy potato clutch, never want to, just sounds terrible, sorry you had to deal with that.

I currently have the SS line from MC to slave now.

I just noticed they say it's especially good for hard clutches. It reduces travel (AKA on the floor buried in the carpet engagement)

Not that it doesn't take some dedication to put the clutch line in, but the install instructions they have there are sufficient: RRE 2G CLutch Line Install Instructions

You won't have any trouble getting help here if you get stuck! Also, this is the procedure to bleed a clutch system in these cars (required after installing):

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...how-properly-bleed-your-hydraulic-clutch.html

It just takes a few minutes if you follow that guide.

I just purchased a ss clutch line and im installing it but do
I haft to bleed the slave cylinder to when switching out the lines.

I was told they wanted a softer clutch to make it easy to push the peddle. I installed mine last year and it did make a huge difference. I also pulled out the little restrictor in the slave cylinder to speed up the fluid transfer and it has worked great. I too have the act clutch.

Just ordered the STM master to slave line. Cant wait. The previous owner did the AT to MT swap and ran an ugly brake line all over the place for the clutch line. Now i can get rid of those brackets on the tranny too. Beautiful. Thanks for the suggestion. I had $59 burning a hole in my wallet LOL.

Got my STM kit in today. Excellent quality. Cant wait to try it out!!

No need to replace the steel hardline. Its better than the ss line.

I got my ss clutch line for $26 shipped from ebay. made by a hose shop it california and has lifetime warranty.

I got the full line when i broke my hardline, all the way to the slave great price got mine for 40 bucks.

No need to replace the steel hardline. Its better than the ss line.

I got my ss clutch line for $26 shipped from ebay. made by a hose shop it california and has lifetime warranty.

Disagree.

Well this gets rid of that ugly bracket and the rigged "brake line" job the previous owner did so im happy. Just a straight shot brom master to slave. Should have very good clutch feel now.
Now, if i could just get my engine back....... Hmmmm, that d be interesting LOL.

I have STM master line as well as ACT 2600 and replaced slave and master at same time. Legit my 2600 has engagement almost like stock when just driving but it is FOR SURE ready to rock when you need it to.

I replace the rubber line with a 3-foot piece of solid line coiled up to absorb movement. Nothing beats it. These SS lines are still just hoses in my eyes.

I can't really see up close but mines has the 90 degree bend that goes to the master cylinder. Mine was the stm kit! I can see that they jacked up the price also LOL
STM: 90-99 DSM DRIVETRAIN COMPONENTS
Im not sure but that looks like it goes from the slave to the damper only OR from the master to the damper. Any other inputs would be great.

I can't really see up close but mines has the 90 degree bend that goes to the master cylinder. Mine was the stm kit! I can see that they jacked up the price also LOL
STM: 90-99 DSM DRIVETRAIN COMPONENTS
Im not sure but that looks like it goes from the slave to the damper only OR from the master to the damper. Any other inputs would be great.

I was thinking of the same thing... I might as well get the STM and call it a day to be safe.... anywhere else that we can get this ss line for less $?? Not to be cheap but I'm in the middle of my build ( ordering other necessary parts) and to do it now would be better than later, since my motor is out...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back