The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Awesome sleeper car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airsign89

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 4, 2011
troy, Michigan
So my brother in law recently modified his 2001 Audi Allroad 2.7 Biturbo 6 speed, just the basics: turboback exhaust, ported exhaust manifolds and turbine housings(still stock k03's), intake, y-pipe, rs4 clutch/flywheel and a multiple map APR chip, and he let me take it for a drive. I must say I've always been a fan of Audi/VW engines, whether it be the DI 2.0's, the old 1.8's turbos etc, but this car had one of the most extraordinary powerbands I've ever felt, full boost hit almost the moment you hit the gas, the clutch and shifter felt amazing and its a wagon to boot! Also the torque bias on the wagons is biased more towards the rear because, I believe, the extra weight, so if given the chance to drive on a track I bet this thing would rotate beautifully. It essentially felt like a modified S4 in a family hauler body. Anybody else ever drive one of these or any other 2.7 biturbos? What were your initial feelings? I linked a picture of it with my car in the foreground.

Attachments

• 20120506133655.jpg
    20120506133655.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 54
That car is a great sleeper! I've drove an A6 2.7 Quattro (biturbo) with cat back exhaust and chip. It was surprisingly fast and handled great on any terrain. But the only thing I didn't like was that the dashboard looked like an airplane cockpit, it was overloaded with controls.

Car looks awesome but needs some wheels to match. I know the whole sleeper theme but still LOL. I've always been a fan of the allroads kinda cool to see people modding them.

Alex

That car is a great sleeper! I've drove an A6 2.7 Quattro (biturbo) with cat back exhaust and chip. It was surprisingly fast and handled great on any terrain. But the only thing I didn't like was that the dashboard looked like an airplane cockpit, it was overloaded with controls.
Yeah, I know what you mean, some may think of it as more upscale or inline with the genre it was born of, but I agree that some german engineering is overwrought , unnecessary and somewhat nonlogical(read BMW Idrive).
907dsm: I completely agree with you, even the stock six spoke S4 "avus" wheel would be an upgrade, even more so would be the RS4 multi spoke, BBS looking(maybe made by them?) wheels. Oh well.
What is most noteworthy of it all for me, is considering the power band of a v6 TT car versus some of my friends(I know I should hate all Honda people...HA HA) K series and B series FI motors that are practically lethargic at the rpm's mentioned before.
Anyways, heres an great picture with RS4 reps:

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 102
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back