The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Awdmonster drag car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Like the commitment to keeping it manual. Hope testing went well.
It’s probably time to go automatic testing went rough

82FA37D4-1C48-4475-BDD8-54FF54D2D985.jpeg

Nice going and sorry for the breakages! What is the weight of the car?
2800 probably I have to check

It’s time ……

F56A7ABB-8768-44EC-8F18-2B6B57D9EEA8.jpeg

Small update took out all my 5 speed parts started the auto swap I got straight cut gears coming. Kiggly 2g trans to 1g chassis, Jeff bush oil pan and alto rebuild kit with tranlab shift kit

I’ll keep
Y’all posted

69AFF012-142B-4BE1-A88E-2B2326713548.jpeg

75F0DE01-4E2F-4C01-8D07-093E021C4FA1.jpeg

Where are you getting all your parts, I'm going to be starting my auto swap winter/spring. Do you have to get the transfer gears through the JB Designs as well as the converter and pan? Where did you get your Alto rebuild kit from?

Where are you getting all your parts, I'm going to be starting my auto swap winter/spring. Do you have to get the transfer gears through the JB Designs as well as the converter and pan? Where did you get your Alto rebuild kit from?
The alto kit i got on eBay see picture has some info

the rest from Jeff bush you would have to contact him via Facebook messenger and wait for his response.

72764AE9-20F8-4207-944B-104DAD65D1BA.png

The alto kit i got on eBay see picture has some info

the rest from Jeff bush you would have to contact him via Facebook messenger and wait for his response.
Thanks, didn't even think about looking on Ebay. I don't have Facebook does Jeff have an email? I think I'm going to go with the Kingly 6-disc front clutch pack. Do you know of any disadvantages over the 5-disc other than the steels are thinner and could warp easier?

Thanks, didn't even think about looking on Ebay. I don't have Facebook does Jeff have an email? I think I'm going to go with the Kingly 6-disc front clutch pack. Do you know of any disadvantages over the 5-disc other than the steels are thinner and could warp easier?
You can order the billet transfer gears from libertys gear.

I’m in the learning curve as well I went with 5 disk for now following advise from my buddy who’s automatic. I’m sure he has a email just not sure on response time. He’s a busy man.

Cleaning this unit getting it ready need to get the diff welded up.
Ya your in the thick of it now. The IPT rebuild kit includes their 5-disc front clutch and their end clutch kit and its about $50 more than buying everything separate. How do you feel about replacing bearings or anything beyond the O-rings and clutches? Are you having someone weld the diff or are you doing it yourself? I'm new to autos just trying to absorb it all. I always imagined myself getting a dog box but I just can't justify getting one just to trash it and start over.

Ya your in the thick of it now. The IPT rebuild kit includes their 5-disc front clutch and their end clutch kit and its about $50 more than buying everything separate. How do you feel about replacing bearings or anything beyond the O-rings and clutches? Are you having someone weld the diff or are you doing it yourself? I'm new to autos just trying to absorb it all. I always imagined myself getting a dog box but I just can't justify getting one just to trash it and start over.
A good place to start http://w4a33.com/doku.php

I’m new to autos as well just read up as much as I can to learn how it works
I would che he them since the transmission is apart.
or the bearings here some part numbers

MD 718322 Tim has in stock
MD 731161 - discontinued sad
MD 731160 - Tim has in stock

tim is TMZ performance

For the center diff I had a local welder help me he’s done a few in the past.

I had the dog box unfortunately it did not work out for me so I made the move.

Looking good! Phantom grip front diff? Also, is there any chance of crossing the discontinued bearing to a standard bearing from a bearing supplier?

Looking good! Phantom grip front diff? Also, is there any chance of crossing the discontinued bearing to a standard bearing from a bearing supplier?
That’s what one of my friends did he had to mesure it and that’s how he got it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back