The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

AWD vs. FWD, are front axles interchangable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Low Impedance

15+ Year Contributor
May 19, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
im piecing together my AWD car and the transmission im getting (AWD 1g 5spd) doesnt have the axles. The car im getting the motor from (93 GST) has the axles with the FWD transmission im not using. Can i use those axles from the GST on the AWD car for the front?

You will for sure need an AWD axle for the drivers side. btw, what car is this going in? I hope your not trying to put a 1G tranny into a 2G.

What year car is the tranny from? The 92.5-94 trannys have a larger input shaft than the 91-92's. Also, the 90's are are alone.

No they are the same on the passenger side. I had to double check to make sure, but they are the same part number.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back