The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

AWD Spyder Street Sleeper

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Right now the engine is being built. 2.3L stroker. I am working on buying all the parts as I wait for the engine. Hoping to get a built transmission as well as get an HX40. Fuel minus big enough injectors has been purchased (450 pump, lines, rail, FPR, etc). Link is installed on the car. Last thing will be a custom exhaust from a shop locally.

Ok, so here's the update.
AWD rear end completely installed. Need some welding work done to complete the driveshaft mounts and patch up the holes.

I am basically stockpiling parts.
2.3L is done and waiting for install
New HX40 built by Whitesell
Built Auto tranny by Darren Thomas
New FIC 2150
450 Fuel pump
Link V3 currently installed

Need to buy:
SD setup
Exhaust Manifold
Exhaust setup
Various sensors and gauges

Looking for a time where I can pull current engine/transmission and install the new power plant!

With moving to a new house, getting a new horse, and finding out I have another child on the way to go with my 18 mo old, time isn't exactly easy to find. I am thinking of just taking 20-30 minutes a day the next few weeks to start preparing to pull the current setup.

2.3L received and ready
HX40 received and ready
Auto tranny built by Darren Thomas Racing received and ready
SD setup ready
ForcedFour shift box ready

Last post before I have pictures and some progress. I have basically bought all the parts I need for this build. I'm just trying to find time (and probably help) to get the engine and transmission pulled and the new installed. As I install and prep, I am sure I will find parts I need, but I have the budget to get those parts. My next post will have pictures of the uninstall. Wish me luck! Shout out to blazebolt for his guide that I'll be using.

Update Time!!!

So I have the engine removed and have most of the accessories on the new engine. Next is marrying the new engine with the new transmission. I'm currently waiting on some bolts and installation parts. I'll be using the kiggly adaptor kit for the 6bolt to 2g auto transmission.

I also ordered a T3 exhaust manifold from Morrison Fabrication. unfortunately that puts me about 6-7 weeks out on getting her running how I'd like. Pondering installing the stock turbo and manifold for now to get things started.

Attachments

• 20190509_132000.jpg
    20190509_132000.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
  • 20190514_182406.jpg
    20190514_182406.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 107
  • 20190509_133113.jpg
    20190509_133113.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
Seems like it's been forever since I updated. Engine and transmission are in the car. Turbo and manifold are mocked up but not tightened down. Next will be finishing the fuel system, but I think I'll be upgrading the fuel pump to the 525 Walbro Hellcat. I really just need about 10 hrs of work locking everything up and some welding to complete the AWD swap button up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back