The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G AWD rear backing plate/dust shield on FWD rear knuckles

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

954g63gst

10+ Year Contributor
May 24, 2012
gardner, Massachusetts
Ok since FWD rear dust shields are discontinued. Will it be possible to fit an AWD rear dust shield to a fwd rear knuckle even if it needs modification? Are the parking brake shoes and hardware the same? Are the bearing mounting holes the same?

I’m doing a Evo 8 Brembo brake swap and everything is being replaced except for rear dust shields. Which I know need to be modified to clear rear rotors. Mine are to deteriorated to be modified and I’d rather buy new and modify.

I found AWD rear shields and if bearing mounting holes are same and parking brake shoes and hardware are the same I will modify those to fit Brembo swap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, I actually just bought evo 5-9 dust shields for the front and rear. it looks like I just have to remove the outter shield and spin it, till the opening lines up with the calipers mounting holes.

All you have to do is literally cut the bent edge lip around it off. That is it. I didn't want to just leave mine off either just for extra protection for stuff behind it so just took a cut off wheel to the lip and done.

All you have to do is literally cut the bent edge lip around it off. That is it. I didn't want to just leave mine off either just for extra protection for stuff behind it so just took a cut off wheel to the lip and done.
Yes I could of went that route but my shield was half falling off as it is and I am trying to replace everything I touch to minimize potential issues once this one is rolling

I really like the outcome and I know it will last. I am sending the finish product along with sub frames to get powder coated. My front rotors are on back order till late March. I have-been waiting two months already.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back