The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Awd Question About Hp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AW4G63

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 11, 2002
TommyPantsdownville, Ohio
AT WHAT POINT SHOULD YOU WORRY ABOUT YOUR DRIVE SHAFTS,DIFFS,CLUTCH, AND OTHER COMPONENTS OF THE DRIVETERRIAN?Sorry for the caps....Im to lazy to go back and retype!
I have a almost stock gsx but I wanted to know how much hp is to much for stock drive components? My friends got a vw jetta 1.8t and he's always saying how launching is going to break every thing.I've launched at least 10 solid times with him in it and he wishes he had the awd!
I've had my car for 2 months and only sliped the clutch baddly one time.
Is he jelous or concerend?
My spelling is off but o well.

any insite is welcome.

TOM

The local track opens may 1st
Im going to run the track stock,but from then on its a mission...........
BRING ON THE MODS!

Your clutch is the only thing you should worry about first, it will be the first to take a ****. Everything else can handle a high amount of HP, so pretty much when your exceding the 500's then its time for better parts. How hard are you launching BTW? 5000rpm's seem to be what most people launch at with aftermarket clutches.

As long as you slip the clutch when you launch, you'll only wear the clutch .Start poppin it and you will be breaking stuff .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back