The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

awd front cv shaft trans seal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ls2monaro

Probationary Member
Feb 3, 2011
Flint, Michigan
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site and had a question about the front cv shaft axle seals. Did a few searches on here and didn't find too much.

Anywho, Both the front cv shafts on my talon are wasted, (1990 tsi awd turbo, manual trans). Just got both the front cv's delivered and had read the it's a good idea to change both the output seals prior to installing the shafts.

Found links to both the driver and pass side seals, but my question is, what kind of a job is it replacing these seals? can you just pop them out with a screwdriver or something and then pound the new ones in with a hammer? Or what is the best way to go about it?

Basically, yes. Use a flat head screwdriver to pry out the old seals. For an AWD the seals are different on either side, but the install is the same. Make sure you seat it evenly around the outer rim of the seal so as not to damage it. Lube the inside lip of the seal and reinstall the axles.

R/H (passenger) side - MD707184
L/H (driver) side - MD719710

This might help you find something to install it:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/maintenance-repairs/388293-what-did-you-use-install-drivers-side-axle-seal.html

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back