The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

AWD 1g Back from the dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM's 4 life

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2011
Buffalo, New_York
I have had a few DSM's in the past and I have tried to give them up but like most of you know that's not really possible. I picked this 1990 AWD GA shell up from my buddy for $250 after he said he was going to scrap it. its not a clean body but I'm okay with it. The plans for this build is kinda like scrappy street fighter simply function over form.
received a rattle can paint job and that's all this old lady is getting.

image_zpst36swmay.jpe

image_zpsxpp1r4o9.jpe

I cant stand working in a greasey bay so a gallon of purple power, 3 rolls of shop towels, flap wheel primer and paint...

image_zpsahak95h8.jpe

image_zpsr9xraagf.jpe

craiglist Motor I picked up for $300 these are after I spent 3 days cleaning it up all fresh gaskets. 3 cans or engine degreaser jell and another few rolls of rags.

image_zpsz2qhu74b.jpe

polished intake came from a previous build
image_zpsccaa97bn.jpe

image_zpsybtnuiub.jpe

got a trans locally for $320 the bellhousing has a pretty serious crack that has been welded, weld appears to be nice and cant complain for the price even came with a t case

sideskirts from the shootout. and since my rockers are not there from the rust self tapping screws
image_zpsuobp0d8k.jpe

wire Tuck
image_zpsu9sg1rsb.jpe

image_zpsy733xxz1.jpe

Last edited:
after daily Driving the car for two months regaining some faith in dsm's athough I have had a lot of issues causing me to drop the trans 2 times.

leaking main seal
improper throw out bearing caused clutch failure
faulty injector resistor pack
leaking Bov had to crush it
power steering rack kept leaking ended up pulling it don't mind it at all gives the car more stability at higher speeds eventually ill depower it
stripped oil feed leaking oil JB welded a block off bolt in and feeding from OFH now

nothing I am not used to this trouble weeds out the non loyal. Picked up a Gm Maft pro thinking it would be better than the old knob style safcs
it worked slighty better but never could get it perfect was running 20 psi on my 14b with 850cc fics pulled pretty good but was always pig rich and idle wasent to great.

image_zps3ukzcl1d.jpe

Last edited:
In hibernation. Front lip is made from copper scrap I got from work. one retrofit headlight is off a Chrysler 300 gotta do the other one eventually wasent that easy but the output is great if I got a hid for it that's all id need

image_zpsy5tkh2e9.jpe

I have about 2k worth of go fast parts that are going in around may-june
hx35
top mount
front mount
ecm v3 lite
speed density
tial q bov
tial wastegate
new built ported head DKS 280 cams
Chrysler COP setem
AEM Twin fire CDI box
cosmetic headgasket

Really like the build! Keep it updated, plz! :)

I am trying to save this '90 also....
Screenshot_20170423-193320.png

The dark one. It's almost all stock with a MAFT and GM 3"maf with a header and a 16g? from Ebay probably.

Continue with the updates, didn't mean to side track.

Been trying to mess with the tune and get it driving also have an oil leak i gotta address.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    503.3 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    328.4 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    308.8 KB · Views: 93
I like the sleeper look it's got going on...Other than the FMIC staring at you:D.
Keep up the build looks good. I didn't see I'm assuming the block is built too...

Looks good man. Just got my dsm out of the dead as well but my engine bay looks nothing as nice as yours. Keep it up man!! Keep us updated on the build.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back