The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Aw4g63, landoawd where you at. All members from the early 2000's check in.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Another checking. Still have my car that I had only planned to keep till I hit the 10k limit of upgrades and repairs on this budget track car..Sadly mine is sitting in the garage collecting dust...better than leaving it in this soCal sun though...Any other soCal'ers? I haven't seen another eclipse in such a long time... :(
San Diego here, theres a couple others I follow on IG that are local too, including a few 1g and GVR4. Definitely rare to see nice examples on the streets

I was more active on dsmlink forums but I was around here too. Still hangin in there. Infact I just bought a 3rd dsm 2 weeks ago, and this new one will be the crown jewel of my dsm legacy. I have 2 sons so after im gone they will carry the torch...trust me 15 years from now when I finally save up enough money to fix my car it will all have been worth it

I've been around for a while as well. I actually owned LandoAWD's champagne talon (twice) Unfortunately it made it's way into the wrong hands, and was parted out shortly after. I bought it as a shell from my buddy Jeremy, who bought it off of Abram, who bought it from Lando. I put it together and it was running good, traded it for an SRT4 to my buddy Jeff in the D.C. area, and then bought it back some years later. Last I knew the shell was in Illinois or Michigan. I now have a 95 TSi FWD with 58k miles, and a 98 GSX with 49k miles.

San Diego here, theres a couple others I follow on IG that are local too, including a few 1g and GVR4. Definitely rare to see nice examples on the streets
We were in SD not too long ago. I spotted two eclipes(2gb's), though I wasn't able to see which models...but they were in strikingly good condition... :)

I'm still here once in a while.
Got a call from twicks a couple days ago that was fun catching up.
Still have the 92 gsx. But I had a nasty fall a couple years ago, being crippled sucks

Well I guess this is worth post number 6 in the last 20yrs.

drug my 1st Dsm (1g talon tsi)out of a field as a freshman in highschool. Built it before I could legally drive. Remember sneaking out of my parents house late
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
night before I had my license. Coasting half a mile down the hill before I could fire it up due to the 3” straight pipe. Driving around smoking old guys in their midlife crisismobiles before I could legally drive. Good times. That car developed an electric gremlin I couldn’t figure out. Have another 1g tsi in garage in parts and a 97gsx I drive on the weekends.

not a lot of posts but lots of time lurking here and hanging at the shootouts!

drug my 1st Dsm (1g talon tsi)out of a field as a freshman in highschool. Built it before I could legally drive. Remember sneaking out of my parents house late
night before I had my license. Coasting half a mile down the hill before I could fire it up due to the 3” straight pipe. Driving around smoking old guys in their midlife crisismobiles before I could legally drive. Good times. That car developed an electric gremlin I couldn’t figure out. Have another 1g tsi in garage in parts and a 97gsx I drive on the weekends.

Post #6 in 20 years... talk about anti-social. :)

How early we talkin??? Ohh im allready in this thread. Us old guys, lemmie tell ya.

Hey thanks Chris. It's been a struggle for sure since the fall.

Hello! Im back, here or whatever. I miss the forums and look forward to spending more time here. Good to see some old faces (usernames)

BOOSTON!
Robert
Will be good to have Robert in here sharing some knowledge. And @Robert Young , feel free to post any "how to" or "pro tips" in the Tech Articles sections (here's a link to the Turbo articles section here):

Would love to archive some more knowledge on topics that touch on some newer information trends in the turbo world. I get you're not sitting around with tons of free time on your hands, but if you do get some time at some point, that would be something the members here would love to read I'm sure. As cool as it is to see you answering questions, I think you have a great deal more value to bring to the community through posting some tech articles than you might think.

The same goes for other industry veterans.

Nice car and love the wheels. I saw someone selling some but missed out...I so want to get a set for my 95.

I'm still around from 2010. I have made more posts in the last few years then before as I wanted to pay it forward and keep the community alive. Back in 2010 I was just learning about cars in general. These forums are largely to blame on the knowledge I have now.

It's great to see every one still on here and hope some stick back around, but where we really need you all to show up is the Shootout. Attendance was really down this year. Bad. Racing even more so. I think like 7 GTRs raced in 5 classes. Covid may have some blame, but so do we. The event next year is going to be somewhat open to any make and model car and they will be paired against DSMs to compete. I didn't really want this to happen, but there really isn't a choice after this year.

I have been going every year since 2009 and it's killing me to watch the event fade. We have basically been told that if attendance isn't good next year, the event will be done. Not only because of the cost, but Summit Motorsports Park will not be willing to give up a weekend in peak season for a small event. Every event there this year broke records in attendance except for ours.

I know there are plenty of cars on here that can race in all the classes. But next year we really REALLY need you to load your turds on a trailer or drive them to the middle of no where Ohio and race. Even just showing up to spectate will help.

Last edited:
I would love to go to an event but sadly for me I cant get across the border atm with covid and the car still isnt finished. I am hoping to make it to tx2k22 if that happens and if so then maybe also do the shootout the same year. I definitely will not be fast though haha maybe high 12s as we will be just starting to collect data at that point for the
next year.

I’ve been here since 06. 3 DSMs later and still can’t keep one running

Well i guess im old, my profile says 05. Dont really talk to much though just here to soak up knowledge.

Feels like yesterday I bought my first DSM and started tinkering. This website has kept my car alive and DSMTuners stickers are still on the rear quarter windows in honor of that fact. Now that I finally have the money and time to spend, parts are getting hard to find or are out of production :cry: I think about selling the old Talon sometimes, but from all the posts I read, everyone always regrets it.

This is the last forum that I still visit. Most of the old forums from back in the day are long since dead or are ghost towns. Glad this site is still humming along, cause I sure do miss the web of the late 90s and 2000s. Today's social media is poison.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back