The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Automatic transmission rebuild warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipseGSTud

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2005
Party City, California
For those of you that have a rebuilt automatic transmission from a shop what is your warranty? I was quoted 1 year/ 12,000 mile warranty but I got them to extend it to 2 year/ 24,000 mile warranty if I get repairs from them. What is the current industry standard for the warranty these days?

Before I closed my transmission shop (2 yrs ago) the standard that was given was 12/12 (12 months/12,000 miles withever comes first), wholesale was 6/6, and for an extra $250.00 24/24. Do yourself a favor and choose a shop wisely. Ask about their experience with these trannies. Your tranny will love you if you have them put in the TransLab shift kit (available through IPT) and use the Valvoline non-synthetic fluid. FYI - even a good shop with no experience at these can build you a really nice tranny with the info in the TransLab kit. A very good friend of mine actually knows them and they have put a LOT of research into this kit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back