The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink automatic timing map for spool up at tree, AUTOMATIC WISEMAN PLEASE

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFlashDSM

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2010
stony brook, New_York
this Sunday me and Brian are taking my car to the track to do a test and tune day, all dynos are booked till the end of July and August is too hot to run the car.
car has trouble getting to 4200 and building boost without nitrous,

2g auto - basic mods list
transmission - shift kit - forced 4 100.1 tcu - kiggly upgraded 3 gear clutches, 4200 stall precision converter,
engine 7 bolt - (bottom) wiseco hd 9.5:1, howard 1 beam rods, (head 1g) +1 int +1exh, gsc 288 cams, late 1g cam sensor, no crank sensor
bolt on's - borgwarner 75/74mm turbo 105lbs, 2250cc inj, mechanical fuel pump, arc 2 ignition box cop set up, 75 shot nitrous, ecmlink v3 full

- my tuning set up now for nitrous.
button 1. on steering wheel, to activate idle switch and nitrous solenoid at the same time. which activates secondary fuel adjustments for deadtime of +1215 usecs. to keep a/f in check
button 2. on steering wheel, activates arc 2 ignition box for a launch limit of 4000
ecmlink. using antilag for timing retard for nitrous and spool 3850prm-4000rpm (this does work but it takes some time to spool the turbo - this is why i need help with my timing map, for an assist LOL)

questions

1. what should my timing map look like from idle to launch limit of 4,000 rpm to help get up on the converter and spool (10-12psi) (more timing or less) im seeing both ways everywhere i look.
lets pretend i dont have nitrous, what would help my get up closer to that 4k mark, i know that my turbo will not spool up with out nitrous, but im asking what a good all around method.

2. is someone available to help me on Sunday (6-26-22) if i send logs to help dial in the timing map for launch only

Give this a shot. It's my son's stall up in his 2g. It pulls timing in the boxes where his converter was holding him up so you may need to move those boxes in the VE table.

Attachments

• stall up and launch.elg
    467.3 KB · Views: 40
Give this a shot. It's my son's stall up in his 2g. It pulls timing in the boxes where his converter was holding him up so you may need to move those boxes in the VE table.
okay what you sent me is exacly the answer ive been looking for, im gonna use that idea today and test it out to see if it work and i will report back with my findings

Yep. It ran super good., we never got to mine though. If he would just quit destroying my engines, I think it had a good 10 sec tune in it. I want to give you credit for the tune, it was workin good. The video was a test hit and looked great. :thumb:

Yep. It ran super good. If he would just quit destroying my engines, I think it had a good 10 sec tune in it. I want to give you credit for the tune, it was workin good. :thumb:
Yeah if you open up that file log, someone moved the sliders +5 among a few other changes that weren’t mine. It blew up? I can’t imagine why haha. You’re not supposed to add that much timing

Yes you are right on. That is what went on after he unloaded it and was sitting in the car. THIS is what happens when you don't listen/follow the tuners instructions. It was bad, he still won't let me have the short block back and I have the log of the run. Maybe some day I can fix it for him again and he can have you make that thing cut a rug! :thumb:

Yes you are right on. That is what went on after he unloaded it and was sitting in the car. THIS is what happens when you don't listen/follow the tuners instructions. It was bad, he still won't let me have the short block back and I have the log of the run. Maybe some day I can fix it for him again and he can have you make that thing cut a rug! :thumb:
Just load the last file I sent before user changes and you’re good to go 💪🏼

I'm sure he has all of them. Thanks Kenny.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back