The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

automatic fans?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffreyinigo

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2004
Tucson, Arizona
ho do i do so to make both fans turn on when i turn on the ignition switch? i dont want any switches or anything like that in the car so i just want it to be direct. i know theres a way of having them do this, i just dont know how.please help guys. you guys have helped me out a lot recently. :thumb:

Look under your fuse box (see picture) Look for the AC Cond Fan Relay (round Silverish one on the left hand side of the 2 there).

Looking at the relay like in my beautiful paint rendition get 2 lenghts of wire and strip one end off of each. Place one end in terminal #1 and the other in terminal #3. Now put the relay back in and recover the fuse box.

Run both wires through the firewall.

Now expose the ignition switch harness and locate the **edit** Blue/Black **see post below** wire and solder the other 2 ends to that wire.

Close everything and enjoy fans that are on when ignition is present.

Attachments

• fanrelayt.jpg
    fanrelayt.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 90
  • relaypic.JPG
    relaypic.JPG
    2.6 KB · Views: 84
that is awesome man. thanks a lot. it looks pretty simple to do. only one thing, where is the ignition switch harness? ill do it once i know where and what it looks like. thanks man.

2 ways you can do it...

1- Look under the dash approx. where the key goes and find a thick **edit** Blue/Black **see post below** wire. you will notice it going to the key switch and attaching to somewhere around the steering column.

2- Remove the covers around the steering wheel hub. I suggest this one as you will then expose the switch plug.

Either way will get you there!

hope this help out..PM me if you need further help.

Ok, even better...instead of using the Ignition wire, use the Blue/Black wire that is in the same harness...that's the key-on accessory wire that will only get power if the key is on.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back