The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Automatic DSMers chime in

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ltvarney

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2003
Lansing, Michigan
If you've got an auto DSM, please tell us about it. If you've hit the dyno or ran the 1/4, please post the numbers or share any power tips you have. What are your goals, current mods, future mod plans, etc? Since it's a chore to run through all the posts looking for autos, their mods, and what they run, but relatively easy to find the same info for a manual, I thought it would be fun to have a thread sharing some of that info where people could get an idea of their potential with their current setups.

91 TSi AWD Auto
125K mi chassis, 52K on engine
1/4,HP,TQ: sorry, haven't ran.

Currently running: free mods, 14B, 2G mani, Eibach Prokit and GR2s, Hallman MBC, Walbro 255, a free flowing gross-polluting modified stocker exhaust, supporting gauges boost, volts (I always have electrical issues with cars), blinky light show A/F

Short-term Plans with tax return: new front anti-swaybar to replace the old rusty one, AFPR, 3" turboback possibly w/ o2 dump, MAFT or MAFTPro, logger, hard IC piping and ditch the MAS and intake tube, some more supporting gauges like EGT, and one of those cheap Megan strut bars. Hopefully acceptable street handling and 225-250awhp w/ this.

Future Plans: KYB AGXs, rear anti-swaybar and tiebar, 4bolt rear, side-to-side FMIC, cooling mods like oil/trans cooler and radiator/fans, Wideband, more supporting gauges like water/oil temp, then an Evo III kit. This should get me the rest of the way to a canyon-carving weekend cruiser.

Goal: a 12.XX second slip on race gas, and if I don't kill the trans with that pass, dial the boost down and run around 300hp on the street which I hear is about all the auto can handle reliably long-term.

97GSX auto... just purchased the car I use to have a 95gst 5-spd I Love AWD and boost breaking!! On the car now is Ebiach pro kit, Grainger boost controller (19lbs) on a 14b turbo for now. Stock pipping except for the lower pipping. Old ass HKS BOV.

Future plans:I want to be around 300 - 400 awhp. Planning to do the rest of the pipping soon... then build the tranny... After Upgrading the tranny I want to get a bigger turbo with supporting mods and lots of tuning. As for Et's I would love to do 11's or even mid to high 12's full interior, street radials, using 93 oct.

I haven't been to the track so I don't know what it's doing now.

I might put it on a dyno. I'm curious to see what the numbers would be like with everthing stock and a 14b vs the T25.

92 talon tsi auto, i love my car but its definatly a pain in the ass to mod cause we got to upgrade injectors and all but i plan on working up to between 300 and 400 but i thinkn itl be a 2 year project

I got my Talon tsi with a 14b, walbro 190lph, 1g bov, boost a/f oil pressure gauges, Joe P inline mbc set at 14psi at the moment. Went to the track last friday i hit 15.124 at 91.482mph with my tranny going out. Thinking about rebuilding my tranny in August with a IPT rebuild kit and shift kit.

would it be possible to run a 14b on 390cc injectors until i can spent the money to put on 550, safc, b16g

Honestly I hate my A/T untill I head home from my 8th straight work day. I enjoy not having to screw with a clutch.

I plan on keeping it a DD and buying a 5.0.

92 talon auto here. It's been down since I got it about a year and a half ago because I just realized it has a small 16g so apparently the 450 inj arent enough at 15psi. I couldn't figure out the problem for the life of me thought it was 14b not small 16. Anyways I haven't had it at the track yet and I plan on dynoing it at the shootouts this year so i'll let you know then what its got. I'll have DSMLink and my injectors by then.:rocks: My long term goal is to get 450 500 to the wheels and then I think i'll be happy. Well i'm getting ready to go pick it up from a friends house now to run for a few weeks, haven't drivin it for more than 6months because of the fuel issue. Its hard to find A/T guys on here with all the manual guys, I guess because manuals are more fun.

I plan to go to the track this summer so I will post my numbers then. But for now the car pulls really really strong with only street tuning. A trans upgrade will be my next mod when the money is right, IPT seems like the best solution. Im currently down because I keep blowing the welds on my exhaust manifold, this time Im going with a cast.

Although manual is fun on the street, auto is more accurate on the drag strip.

'95 GST

Greddy Type-S
Hard IC Piping
2 1/2" Downpipe back exhaust
255 lph Walbro
AFPR
K&N Filter
Fuel pump rewire

162.2 whp 196.3 wtq running really rich because of bad O2 sensor and no AFPR at the time

Just spun a rod bearing so currently undergoing a rebuild then after break in its back on the dyno for an updated run. In the future I hope for 300-325 whp but who knows. I've got free dyno runs whenever i want for the next 3 years so I'll have plenty of chances to find out:D

98 Gsx

Optima Red Top
NGK Plugs & Wires
Injen Intake
Full 3" Exhaust w/Test Pipe
Auto Meter Boost & A/F Gauge
Hallman Pro Boost Controller
Hard UIC Pipes w/ Hks Ssqv (Recirced of Course)
Walbro 190 (Rewired)
Eibach Sportline Springs w/Rear Camber Kit
-------------------------------
Future Plans (Hopefully Near)
Ported Exhaust Mani & o2 Housing
Ported Evo 3
650cc's w/AFPR
S-AFC & Logger
Front Mount Intercooler
Tranny Upgrade

Bone Stock 1/4 Time......................16.01 @ 89.59 Ouch!!
I hope to hit 12's-13's when it's all said & done..

Old thread but why not!

1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD A/T
Mods:
Full MT upgrade (ECU, 450cc's, 14b turbo)
Dejon Intake, UICP, Full exhaust, Comp outlet elbow
MBC 12psi
Phantom 30-30 boost gauge
Plam m130 logger
K&N
Walbro 190 (rewired)
2G ported manny and o2 housing
NGK bpr6es
Accel thundersports
Strut tower bars
ceramic/metallic street break pads

LOTS of maintenience stuff. And a bunch of small exterior fixes.

Current/future plans are to rebuild motor and trans. I'm shooting for around 400AWHP. IPT from trans parts, and too much motor stuff to mention. I would also like to get a decent suspension setup and maybe Time Attack the car. But i really just want a street beast so i can put all the v8 motorheads to shame.

92 Eclipse GSX

Engine:
AGP RS60 (T3/T4 60-1), Eagle Rods, Weisco 9:1 Pistons, ARP Main/Head Studs, Crower Springs/Retainers, Supertech 1mm Oversized Valves, Buschur Racing Balance Shaft Eliminator, Magnecor Plug Wires, NGK BPR7ES, Fluidyne Radiator w/ slim fans, RoadRaceEngineering Crank Case Breather / Catch Can, HKS 272/272 cams, 660cc injectors, Walbro 190 FP (Rewired), SX AFPR w/gauge, K&N, FP Intake Pipe, 2G MAS, DSMotorsports Street FMIC w/ short route piping, DejonTools MBC-1, HKS SSQV, 2G Exhaust Manifold Ported/HPC Coated/EGT Tap, Ported O2 Housing, A'PEXi N1 3" downpipe/cat back exhaust

Tranny:
Level 10 PTS Transmission System Complete A/T Rebuild, Level 10 PTS Billet Torque Converter 3200 Stall Speed, HiTek Tranny Cooler w/ 7" fan, Oil Temp Tap, Redline D4 ATF

Suspension/Wheels:
JIC FLT-A2 Coilovers, Ingell's rear camber kit, front strut tower bar, 5Zigen FN01R-C Bronze 17x8 w/+39 offset (shaved), 235/40-17 Toyo T1-S, ABS to Non-ABS conversion, Stoptechs

Electronics:
DSMLink, A'PEXi EL II 60mm Boost/EGT/Oil Temp Gauges w/ Meter Control Link, Knock Sensor rewired, Spectrom Analyzer connected to knock sensor, PLX M-300 Wideband O2 Sensor

Others:
Rear seat/seat belts removed and carpeted, Removed Air Conditioning, B&M Power Steering Cooler. Relocated Battery to Back of car, removed all emissions related components

After about 30K miles on new motor, the headgasket blew. 4 days after repairing that the engine let go again, symptoms of a blown head gasket but haven't torn the engine appart to verify. I've been battling phantom knock for the past year and I think this is the final straw with this motor. Future plans with the car is a 2.3L or 2.4L. I just need a new bottom end, 1000cc injectors and 255fp. 500 awhp on race gas is now a goal, trying to keep it a DD and hoping to sneak past emissions with no emissions related "stuff" in the car. Also want to convert to manual steering and manual seat belts. Once all this is complete, I might think about a paint job (black), but that doesn't add any HP.

96 TSI AWD

Tranny: Stock rebuild with end clutch kit and shift kit, O'Reilly's tranny cooler, IPT Billet torque converter @5500 rpms.

Engine: Eagle/Wiseco 9:1 combo. .020 over. Stock head, stock cams, stock cam gears. SMIM, MAFT, 1g TB, Apexi FMIC, DNP Manifold, Tial wg, SCM61 turbo....yadayada

Time is posted on the side and have yet to go to a dyno.

97 TSI AWD

Engine mods:
2.3L stroker. 8.8:1 Wiseco, eagle rods
Crower Stage 2 cams, 44112s.
Magnus Intake
PTE 50trim (bolt on)
Very ported EVOIII o2 housing, w 3" turbo back
Denso 660 injectors (maxed out)
Walbro 255 (not HP, I think maxed out as well)
DSMlink
24*12 ebay FMIC, bar and plate design.
2.5" short routed piping
SMC alch injection

Tranny:
IPT rebuild kit, upgraded cooler, translab shiftkit (black spring), IPT 4000stall torque converter.

This setup is so efficient I can max out my 50trim at 47lbs/min at just 21psi by 7100rpm, on pump gas, and no alcohol. With alcohol I can squeeze 24psi for more torque, but by 6000rpm it'll fall to 22psi, and 21psi by 7000rpm. It also lets me run 11:1 a/f, and full 16 degree of timing.

My 660s are at 97% injector duty cycle at 11:1 a/f. When I go into third it starts to run lean, and by 6000rpm A/F plumets. I'm pretty sure my not HP walbro 255 is maxed out.

I have the new gtech Comp, which I found to be very acurate. It ran a 12.1 @ 111mph on pump gas. It also showd 91mph in the 1/8. That's with it running out of fuel, and loosing a lot of power 9.5 seconds into the run. It stayed in it partial throttle cause I wanted to see what it could do. It also did 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds.

Back when I was running 18psi it ran a 12.6 @ 108 on 92 octane at 18psi wit no alch. That was also with stock intake, and stock 2.0 block. And that was at the track. Gtech showed 12.7 @ 108.3.

My goals, are to get a SMC61 and see what it can do. Eventually I'd like to get a FP3065, or a full garret GT35R.

97 GSX Auto

MODS
Ingen Intake Reserc
GReddy Type S Bov
DSM 2G Greddy Upper & Lower Pipes
Apexi N1 Downpipe
Apexi N1 FULL CATBACK EXHAUST
Apexi Front Mount Intercooler
Turbo Timer
Greddy Tdo6h/20-g Turbo
550 Injectors
Apexi S-AFC 2
Wolboro 255 HP Fuelpump
SBR Manifold
AEM FPR w/ Gauge
Tial 38mm Wastegate
Restalled Converter
Reworked Valve Body
Poly engine mount inserts
Transmission cooler
Trans Temp Gauge w/ Sender Block

Dyno run 261whp 238 tq ( Dec 05/ very minor tune )

I have not done any dyno runs or track time since I have installed the 4k stall and shift kit. Going to be picking up a stroker bottom end and dsmlink in the next month or two so it will have to wait until then but these two runs were on the stock stall, first run at 20psi and second at 17psi on pump. First run I left the line at 4psi and second at 6psi. Needless to say, a restalled would make all the difference.

1-14-05__1________2
R/T: .436 .135
.60: 2.644 2.304
330: 6.779 6.274
1/8: 9.851 9.353
MPH: 80.77 79.85
.1k: 12.487 12.033
1/4: 14.669 14.297
MPH: 103.03 100.58

97 GSX

When I bought it:
-Injen intake
-Stock T25
-390cc's
-Stock exhuast
1/4 mile 16.26

-did a 14b swap
1/4 mile 15.40

-did 3" turbo back exhaust
1/4 mile 14.46 @ 98
2.21 60 ft

That time was with stock injectors, brake boosting to 5 psi and boost controlled to 19 psi, after that I blew my turbo outlet coupling and had to limp home. Its fairly easy to get them into mid 14's but youre single best mod I'm sure is going to be a hi stall converter the stock one is a joke. And a shift kit I'm guessing considering how my 2-3 shift takes an entire second itself to complete.

You sure about the 390's?

Eric_7810 said:
97 GSX

When I bought it:
-Injen intake
-Stock T25
-390cc's
-Stock exhuast
1/4 mile 16.26

-did a 14b swap
1/4 mile 15.40

-did 3" turbo back exhaust
1/4 mile 14.46 @ 98
2.21 60 ft

That time was with stock injectors, brake boosting to 5 psi and boost controlled to 19 psi, after that I blew my turbo outlet coupling and had to limp home. Its fairly easy to get them into mid 14's but youre single best mod I'm sure is going to be a hi stall converter the stock one is a joke. And a shift kit I'm guessing considering how my 2-3 shift takes an entire second itself to complete.

I have a 1G eagle talon. I buy it with 5spd transmission. I ran a best of [email protected] with my old setup (20G+manual). This winter I make a big move I swap m/t to a/t transmission. I make a setup with a Turbonetic 62-1 with alot of supporting mods. I will run the turbo with 100 shot of nitro on a full rebuilt auto tranny with IPT end clutch, IPT shift kit, higher pressure and a TCUGO (www.tcugo.com) for a fun control of the shifting point. I expect to run a between mid 10 to low 10. You can see my list of modification on this page: www.mydragcar.com/ticeagle

I think auto tranny with TCUGO is the perfect way to go for a drag car. Full boost on start line and full boost all over the 1320 feet with all the control of the power band like a m/t tranny with no problem :thumb:

TCUGO will be one of the first things i buy (along with a evo316g) after i build my trans and motor. I'm just waiting till the paddles come out. I'm not a big fan of the buttons like it is right now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back