1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Road Race Build Autocross build

Year:
Model/Trim:
Eagle Talon TSi AWD
Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. Dylan Nothacker

Dylan Nothacker Probationary Member

Joined Jul 18, 2020
    Chesterfield, Indiana

Road Race Build 192  1

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  2. Dylan Nothacker

Dylan Nothacker Probationary Member

Joined Jul 18, 2020
    Chesterfield, Indiana
    Got the car about 3 weeks ago.was talking with the owners for about 3 months. I was gonna purchase the car with a cracked cylinder head on a "fresh short block rebuild" but had to back out at that time. A few weeks ago I hit them back up to see if it's still available and they put a spare head on that got a "rebuild" and wired in a 2g maf(with all the wires open and laying on eachother) and hardwired a maft and shorted it. they couldn't figure out why the car would start, rev to 5k and die. Soldered back in the 91 maf pigtail, and bought a maft translator for a 1g dsm, set the dials. Also found intake manifold not bolted on tight. Replaced intake gasket and car runs at normal idle had to fix alot of bullshit wiring hack job on engine harness which now lead me to buying a full connector kit and building a new harness. 20g turbo has more play then 2 maxed out strippers on cocaine. Gonna have to go through this thing top to bottom, bolt to nut to make sure this kid isn't setting me up for failure with his hoshposhed work. 20200725_195300.jpg 20200725_201014.jpg 20200725_195300.jpg 20200725_201014.jpg

Attached Files:

Road Race Build 192  1

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
    SpankyStokes likes this.